Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Enhance the DVDEmpire Script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  08:32:09  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
XMM comes with a built in DVDEmpire.com script. Over the last five months I have been having to do cut & paste between the DVD Empire's web site and XMM for information like the UPC Code and Movie Release date to list a few. For some reason the other scripts in my XMM Chain are unable to get that information and the DVD Empire script is also incapable of extracting that data from even the DVD Empire web site itself, hence the cutting & pasting. (for list of Scripts in my Chain that are not extracting technical information see the bottom of this note).

I have found that the DVD Empire.com web site is perhaps the best one stop web sites for technical Movie Information. That is, if they have the Movie your looking for, the they'll have good information and it will all be delivered on one web page. My request is that the DVD Empire Scripts (DVD & Blu-ray) be enhanced to extract ALL of the Information that it provides. Doing so would drastically improve the maintenance of other more complicated scripts where there is the need to bounce across a multitude web pages to collect movie information. Since DVD Empire.com delivers its contents on one page, it should be much simpler to maintain.

You get ALL of the below information with relative easy.
A typical DVD Empire Web Page would look something like this (in graphics though)

Front & Back Covers

DETAILS FEATURES Audio/Video
------------------- -------------- --------------
Items like Promo/Trailer, Video
Tag Line Deleted Scenes Standard 1:33:1 Color
Synopsis/Plot Commentary & So on... Audio
Movie Length: English Dolby Surround
Movie Rating:
Release Date:
Production Year:
UPC Code:
Studio: Studio Name
Number of Discs:
Disc Types:

Cast & Crew Production Director
==================== ===================== =======================
Names of People Names of People Names of People

Categories & Genre
====================
Drama, Movies

Bargains
===============
$20.00 - $29.99

The Chain I use has the following scripts [DVDEmpire.com,Amazon.com,MovieMistakes.com,Traileraddict.com,IMDB.com]. For some reason none of these scripts pick up UPC Code, Release date as well as other data like number of discs and features within the over all package as is available in DVD Empire.com.

Thank You for reading and perhaps considering this request for a future enhancement to DVD Empire.com script.

Norm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07