Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Option to empty IMDB rating field
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ivank
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  12:42:30  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Can you add option to empty(reset) IMDB rating field under Fields Manager or somewhere else. That I don't have to manually edit DB in MS Access :-)
That's my way to refresh IMDB rating (with Add Values only if the Field is Blank selected).

You can add so that we can select which field or fields to empty.

Regards
Ivan

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  13:12:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have tested selecting the entries in Grid and call Multiple Edit as on tab Main there you can edit the rating.
Unfortunately without any success.
Ale has to check that function. Beside that I support your request.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ivank
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  14:45:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am using EMM 8 for one week and I thought that Multiple Edit was thrown out (forgot right click) because I didn't found it in ribbon.
Until then I used EMM 4,5,6 and 7 (long time user, since 2007, Thanks Alessio for great program)

Problem in Multiple Edit is that you can't empty the Rating, you can set it to some value.
Now that I know that Multiple Edit is still here.
Alessio can instead of my earlier suggestion give one if function in Multiple Edit, where he checks if the value is 0 then he sets the cell to Null. Or give some checkbox to set Rating cell to Null.

Sorry for my English.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  15:55:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That worked for you?
I have tried it several times but at least on the rating there is no change. Although no error is shown.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ivank
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  17:25:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're right setting rating with Edit Multiple in EMM 8 doesn't work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07