Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 missing movies past# 743
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

shortedone
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2014 :  00:50:10  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
all movies no problem, but once I hit 744 they don't appear in the list. they are in database, but not in the list of movies in xmm using ver 8.2.1.0 after more careful look at movie list, I discovered movies past #743 aren't missing, they got shoved inbetween #738 and #739. cant figure out how to get them back in order.

Edited by - shortedone on 01 Mar 2014 19:30:17

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2014 :  19:51:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please make a screenshot of your list. I don't understand the problem.
Are the movies not in the correct order in your list or what do you mean.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

shortedone
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2014 :  02:53:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
cant figure out how to post screenshot. but at bottom of list is 743 under 738 is 744 and 745
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2014 :  09:32:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try to click on the column header to sort by the clicked field.
Screenshots have to be uploaded on any web pace like mediafire.com and then paste the url of the pic in your topic.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

shortedone
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2014 :  16:10:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
did that, no help. heres screenshot. https://www.mediafire.com/?4plmll4752c16bw
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2014 :  17:29:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't see the sort indicator on your screenshot.
Please sort once again by title and after that by movie id again.
Otherwise I don't know any advise. That's really a strange thing then.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

shortedone
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  01:44:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
did all those things only wound up with random sort. had to reload database and reupdate for covers. really lost. hate to try any thing for fear of having to reupdate 746 movies. weirdest thing iv'e ever seen.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  08:39:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Me, too!
As said before, I don't have any idea...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

shortedone
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  20:25:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks for trying
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  21:22:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please send me your database or upload it on mediafire, if it's not too big for you. I think it will be about 30-40 MB as rar file. Maybe I can find something inside it.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

shortedone
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  01:15:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
glad for the help, sorting getting worse.https://www.mediafire.com/?us851rcrx1urz2f here's screenshot too. https://www.mediafire.com/?na7v9pjf26wertt
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  10:23:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Problem solved!

You have cleared the sorting and for some reason that "destroys" the numerical order.
As I have said before you have to click on the column header for sorting. Or just use the context menu on the it. You will have 3 sorting options: ascending, descending and clear.
As result you will see a little arrow in this header.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

shortedone
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  15:25:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
my problem was I was sorting on header over movie title. that only gave me from a to z or z to a in titles. sorted on header over movie id number, worked like a champ. thank you so much. seemed like an impossible problem, but solution was simple. again thank you for your help.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  17:00:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're welcome!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07