Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Media Player Choice option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

imonfire
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2014 :  09:54:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
would be great if we had an option to choose
1. The media Player defaults perhaps even by file type for instance i use Itunes for M4v and vso mediaplayer for all other formats
2. the browser default
i have looked everywhere and cant find an option to do so
thanks

Edited by - imonfire on 25 Apr 2014 10:38:44

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2014 :  10:45:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The default media player can be defined in the options. I can't say where at the moment but I have seen it.
For the browser this option doesn't exist. There will always be opened the IExplorer. Maybe you can change the HTM/HTML definitions with a global windows registry hack to change this. But that's not for a "normal" user and needs a little testing.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

imonfire
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2014 :  13:19:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i cannot find it in the options and it would be great if you could choose by file type internet explorer should be choosable a lot of people dont use it
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2014 :  19:04:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're right, this function was seems to be no longer in XMM8. In release 7 it was available.
IExplore.exe in fact is the standard prog in Windows (except for the latest release). So you have to change one or more entries in the registry. It's not possible to set it by XMM itself. Programatically you could call any other internet explorer but links are always opened with the filetype that is set in windows. Unfortunately it's not the default prog to open a HTML file!!!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

imonfire
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  06:26:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
any news on this?
Go to Top of Page

imonfire
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  07:22:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
anybody else interested in this as a feature?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  11:07:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have checked the media player again. For me the default media player that I use under windows is called.
And the iexplore window... just leave it as it is. No chance to change that without compromising you system. Maybe Ale can cange the shellexecute call to open a specific browser. But I think that's not worthy to spent time on.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07