Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Deleting all the actors not the Directors?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2015 :  11:18:24  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Is there a way to delete all the actors except directors?

My EMM really really slow with 12000 movies, it takes loong time to start, add movies :( I need a cleanup :(

And I don't understand whey it is sooo slow :(

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2015 :  12:10:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Because your database is too big!?!

Unfortunately you can only remove all persons (Cast & Crew). So you have to empty the Actors manually. Best to open the .mdb with Access directly.
But think of the related table(s).
If I had to do your job I would remove all persons from the database and re-import all with a limited amount of actors. To speed up the whole procedure I would set the script options to import only the important fields. Should be done in a one-step-batch as the direct link already exists.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2015 :  17:38:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@JDommi, my database is 380 MB. Our accounting program has 4 GB database, working on a 100 MB network, serving at least 10 persons and works much much faster than EMM :( I don't think it's a problem of the size of DB :(

In old versions there was a option to delete actors only :(

I don't want to re-import everything again, already did it when I ý
updated to ver 8 and I hated it :D
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2015 :  17:59:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do you use the 64-bit version? That was reeeaaaalllyyyyy slow against the 32-bit release. Your file size seems not to be the problem. Maybe only to much entries? 12,000 Movies are really a lot. And how many actors?

Deleting actors only was in release 7. In XMM8 there is one table for every person not only actors. But you can try to filter the persons showing only the actors. Then you can mark them all in the grid and remove them from your database. Later you could re-import the actors for any movie separately. Right click in the grid: Tools -> Update all Actors of this Movie.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  18:01:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm using 32 bit, tried 64 bit before and hated :D

Where can I filter only the actors?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  18:45:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In the MainGrid after selecting the persons' table in the TreeView.
Just edit the filter to the correct value. I can't say what's the correct one as I'm @work...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07