New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

KirkTiberius
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  18:06:58  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Sorry if this sounds like a broken record, but ...

Will there ever be an update for the adult movie scripts?

AdultDVDEmpire, AdultDVDMarketplace, IAFD, Excaliburfilms, have all changed their webpage layouts and nothing works anymore.

Is XMM dead? Is there any way to convert the data scrapers that Kodi (XBMC) or Plex employ and use them as magic scripts?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  20:22:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If there will be updates I can't say. As far as I know that were all scripts made by users that seem no longer working on them.
Converting scripts from other software is not possible as MagicScript has it's very own unique syntax.

Unfortunately I have too less time (and experiece) to correct all those scripts. But I have written a debugger as plugin for an easier use than by the original one. I could give general advice and sometimes a little practical help if someone would do the rest.

If XMM is dead? Well, sometimes I ask myself the same question...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2015 :  23:18:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually I am working on scripts for Adultempire and IAFD at the moment. If I get them reasonably working I could offer to provide them.

In this context I have following questions:
Is there a way to get access to #movie# or #name# variables within a script?
For movies a chain of several skripts can be generated. Is there a way to do this also for actors?

I also would like to adjust the MovieCards e.g. include screens. Unfortunately I am not very familiar with html. Is there a easy way to do this?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2015 :  00:20:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That would be great, Madmat!

To your questions.
1. #GETMOVIEVAR#=#16#=%TITLE% -> this will store the search title in variable 16. For the actors name it's #GETMOVIEVAR#=#16#=%NAME%.
2. As far as I know script chains are only for movies.

3. The movie cards... for the movie_bigcover.htm you have to be very familiar with html javascript and jquery. So this is nothing for beginners. Although I have helped and added a few functions to this card I don't have enough knowledge to rewrite essential parts.
Therefor I would try to create a new card from scratch to learn by doing. Just have a look at the basicinfo.htm or the simplecard.htm. These are relative easy to understand.
Additionally have a look at the wiki (http://www.binaryworks.it/cgi-bin/data/wiki/doku.php?id=start) and at https://selfhtml.org/ for general html/javascript questions.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2015 :  01:17:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'll try my best.

1. I already tried this but the variable gets the value %NAME%, thus %NAME% seems to be not interpreted as a variable but as a string (?)
2. Ok. Then I will try to get this by OPENNEWWEB to collect information from both sites with only one script. However, for this the search string stored in a variable would be helpful..
3. Thanks for the hints. Will have a look.

Just out of curiosity: Is the MagicScript language based or related to another script language?

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2015 :  09:54:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, all %xxx% value are string constants passed from XMM to the script.

For the script chain keep in mind that you have to select again the proper film in most cases. On some websites it's possible to search for a movie by the IMDB-Link - as example the german OFDB site. So if your first choice is IMDB or any other site processing this link you should use this one instead of the movie name again.

MagicScript is the invention of Ale. It's not based on any other script language.

A tip on my own: the Debugger plugin (not the original MagicScript Editor) will show you in many cases how the command you are using has to be used and shows many errors like wrong/missing parameters and typos.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

KirkTiberius
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2015 :  18:21:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Madmat (and of course JDommi) for all of your efforts. I can only add my encourage and offer my gratitude after failing miserably in my attempts to understand MagicScript. I thought I might be able to adjust the AdultDVDMarketplace script since it seemed one could still search/access their older website for titles. I have a long way to go in my understanding of how it works.

Edited by - KirkTiberius on 21 Oct 2015 18:22:20
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2015 :  19:35:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's not as difficult as it seems. Most of the things to do are findline, find and take commands.
For myself I use the website source and search for significant part(s) then I remove the while code before and after this/these. That way I continue until all info is found.
After that you have to try several movies as the structure sometimes differs a little bit.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2015 :  01:51:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Problem with %NAME% was that I use it in an actor script. But got it finally with #GETACTORVAR#=#16#=%NAME%.

IAFD actor script will be the first one I will get finished. Just drop a link here?
I am also on adultempire scripts for movies and actors. In principle they already work but they still need some finishing.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2015 :  09:48:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good news :)

#GETACTORVAR# - you're right. Haven't recognized my error, sorry.

For the new script(s) it's best to share the link in the forum AND send it to Ale.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2015 :  19:14:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Next problem:
Filmography2 field seems limited to 65000 characters. Is this extendable somehow?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2015 :  20:25:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't think so.
I generally have disabled Filmography2 as you reach too fast the limitation of the .mdb size.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  21:02:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange thing: For some actors I have more than 200.000 characters in Filmography2 field, but when I use my script I get this limit of 65.000.

To reduce the characters I could offer an option e.g. not to import links. However of course I would prefer to find the way to exceed the 65000-limit.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  22:02:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think that's a matter of the DevExpress components Ale uses in his sourcecode.
But as already said Filmography2 wastes only space in my eyes.

As solution for the limit you should test if the output on the card is limited or if the passing to the card is the problem. Just try to use a simple javascript alert.
<script>alert('_MOVIE_FILMOGRAPHY2_')</script> <------ I don't know the correct variable name at the moment

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  23:19:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think it has to be the database. If I manually add more than 65000 characters to the Filmography2 field they are not saved.

Nevertheless here my actor script for IAFD http://www.mediafire.com/view/x1sbgbz8696g7e8/IAFD_%28Actors%29.txt. I added some options among others to reduce the size of the Filmography2 entries.
I tested it for a while and it should work in most cases. Otherwise please let me know. Also please give me your thoughts on potential improvements.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  00:03:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, nearly the same I expect for two script for the MusicManager I just have uploaded

Tomorrow I think I have a little time to test your script. But please give me some titles on that I can check. 'Cause that's not really the genre I'm familiar with.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  19:47:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would suggest just to add some actor/actress with any first names you want and then choosing by direktlink.

To see the 65000-limit effect you can take e.g. Celeste Star. With all options activated you should get 442 movies in Filmography2. However if you deactivate importing links there should be 451.
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2015 :  21:54:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now here my revised Adultempire movie script: http://www.mediafire.com/view/zw83vx1obp5144g/ADULTEMPIRE.txt
Let me know if you encounter any problems or have any questions.
Go to Top of Page

KirkTiberius
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2015 :  20:19:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wonderful work Madmat. Haven't had time until today to give things a try. I didn't have much luck with the IAFD actor script since I'm more concerned with grabbing movie cast info and covers, but I really appreciate your efforts. The AdultEmpire script seems to be working very smoothly for me and I'm extremely happy with it. Great work! If something goes wrong, I'll let you know. Truth be told, I'm actually using it with EMM 7 and, as I said, it seems to working just fine.
Go to Top of Page

jsvideo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2015 :  15:03:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Madmat,

Your IAFD actors script works like a charm. Thanks a lot!
I tried to understand what you changed compared to the old script and give the IAFD movies script a try myself but Magicscript still is a bit vague to me.
I hope you can find the time to adjust that script as well.

Anyway, thanks already for getting the actors-script working again.
Go to Top of Page

Madmat
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2015 :  21:45:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually I am quite far with the IAFD movie script. Time is the issue but I am confident to have it finished soon.

I have build the scripts quite from the ground up thus I cannot tell you what exactly has changed.

As there seems to be no way to update the actors data within the movie script (if anyone knows a way please let me know!), you will have to use the Tool 'Update All Actors of this Movie' to collect movie and actor data of IAFD completely. If you choose to take the filmography ordered by year however, this can take a while.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07