Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2016 :  18:42:23  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Here is a first test script for IMDB (Complete).

What's new? People Info is now available for all people
The whole people import is now available as a pseudo subroutine and is used for directors, writers, produsers, etc. with a few lines of code.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j0u47vg4d5a2ezi/IMDB.COM_%28Complete%29_-_Temp.rar

One thing that's still got to do: the awards for the people. Something is wrong but I can't find it. The routine itself works as it is the same as in the Actors script.
But as I have spent "a few" hours on fixing the IMDB scripts I totally have lost focus at the moment. Maybe anybody of you can fix the last problem.
Every other import routine should work meanwhile for the three IMDB scripts - Complete, TVSeries and Actors.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2016 :  13:54:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7y6r4gx6ccen41y/IMDB.COM_%28Complete_V2%29.rar

Completed to test.
Now every available info should be taken for every person.
If something's missing or if there is any bug let me know.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2016 :  00:37:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I came across some bugs / problems. For some Actors the Actor Plugin is not downloading a Photo for others it does. For example the Plugin didnt download the Photo of Joseph Gordon-Levitt even though he has one on IMDB. I cant find a pattern for which it does and for which Actors it doesnt. Same goes for the Birth Date for some the Plugin updates the Birthdate for some it does not even when its in IMDB.

The other problem I came across is that the IMDB Complete Plugin is not downloading the whole cast for a Movie for me even when I set the Number of Actors to import to 999.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2016 :  09:47:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your reply, Valkyslayer!

I will have a look at those problems.

The one with the birthdate I already have recognized my own but only in the case there is only the year given and not the full date. Give me an example for such an actor, please.
To the number of actors... I think that the routine only takes the actors from the main page.

*EDIT*
The pictures are now okay.
When you click on the picture in your browser you will see the difference: Some people have no big picture but only their thumbnail like in the case of "Joseph Gordon-Levitt".

*EDIT2*
The birthday and probably the deathday is now corrected, too.

The amount of actors problem: I already have found the problem.
It's because of some characters don't have an own subpage. Therefor you will get such output like:
Jesse Ramirez (Scavenger José Zúñiga ... Detective Weiss (as Jose Zuniga) Francis Guinan ... Father Garret Larry Cedar ... Vermin Man)
instead of:
Jesse Ramirez (Scavenger)
José Zúñiga (Detective Weiss (as Jose Zuniga))
Francis Guinan (Father Garret)
Larry Cedar (Vermin Man)

I have to have a deeper look at that problem...

The already corrected script functions:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tk7nmbm7dvo77em/_IMDB.rar

Beside that: there was a minor problem with the Actors script and the awards. I have to use #TAKEAWARDS# instead of #TAKEACTORAWARDS# as it is supposed to be.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2016 :  17:21:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank You for the quick response and the fixes. I will try the corrected Script and see if I notice anything else. Keep up the great work!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2016 :  20:28:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Amount of actors seem now to be imported as set.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tk7nmbm7dvo77em/_IMDB.rar

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  18:00:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for the fixed Script looks like almost everything is working correctly now.

I am still getting some Actors / Actresses without Birthdate but I think I have a theory why.

For Example America Ferrera is imported without Birthdate even though its a complete Birthdate on IMDB. The only difference I noticed to Actors where the Birthdate is imported is that she has her Birth Name right before the Birthdate on IMDB. Born: America Georgine Ferrera April 18, 1984 in Los Angeles, California, USA

Could this be the cause of that problem?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  18:09:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, that's definetively not the cause.
I'm searching for this line:
<time datetime="1984-4-18" itemprop="birthDate">

Can it be that I have mixed up month and day? I have to check that...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  18:27:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have testet it with America Ferrera and the Actors script as well as Ugly Betty and the TVSeries script.
Both import the correct birthdate for that actress.

I have changed the name of the scripts to V7. So you can be sure that the correct scripts are used. (Some kind of buffer sometimes reactivates an old release...)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uw54y9355oa5afv/IMDB_V7.rar

By the way: When only the year is given I add this to the Biography section as the natural field does not allow invalid dates.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  18:59:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange I just created a new Database added only America Ferrera as New Actor and updated her with the V7 Script everything is imported correctly but no Birthdate

EDIT: My Windows (Windows 7) is set to american time and date format can that be the cause?

Edited by - Valkyrslayer on 23 Feb 2016 19:01:14
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:08:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes its working now I changed my system Time & Date Format to German and now its working the Birthdate is being imported.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:10:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not if other dates are imported correctly.

I change "1984-4-18" in the script to "18.4.1984".
But you can try to change the script to:

#STRING#=#01#=#13#-#14#-#11#
    #TAKEACTORBDATE#=#01# #ONERROR#=*ASK*

This will take the date as "1984-4-18".

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:24:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Changing my System Date format to 18.04.1984 helped. Isnt it possible that it wasnt working before for some actors because the script was reading 18 as Month which would make the Birthdate invalid. And Actors with Birthdates like for example 04.05.1984 worked because both 04 and 05 would be valid as Month?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:26:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, when I take the date as is in <time datetime="1984-4-18" itemprop="birthDate"> it will automatically corrected to the german date format.

So it can be changed in every script for birthdate and deathdate.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:29:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My System was set to this Format when it didnt work 02.23.16
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:33:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe there could be added an option to combine the dateformat to a special language... but I think it should work with the origin format for everyone.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:37:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think the Problem was on my end because I run a strange setup. English Windows 7 set to American Time & Date format but I live in Germany. I will just use the German Time & Date format everything runs fine then.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:43:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Let's see what the other users will say.
DateTime is a theme for itself as I know too well.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:45:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have one more question about the Script. The Complete Import of Non Actors Setting. If I set it to 0 will it still create a Database Entry for all the Non Actors just without complete information?

Edited by - Valkyrslayer on 23 Feb 2016 19:46:02
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:52:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, that was before, too. Or am I wrong?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  19:57:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah I think before that was the case but there was no option for complete import so I was not sure. Thank You for all the help and fixes.

Edited by - Valkyrslayer on 23 Feb 2016 19:57:23
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07