Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Find movies with more than one file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jtxeka
Starting Member

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  12:27:56  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi all,

Is there any way to filter the movies that has more than one file?

Thank you very much

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  13:01:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately not.
There is missing a variable for "Number of Files" or the filter word [File2].
But you can try something like setting the filter to:
[File1] contains "1"

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jtxeka
Starting Member

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  13:44:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for your fast response.

I am searching for potential duplicates in my files,
so I'll backup the database and I'll try to do it directly there.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  14:58:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, I have understood your questions wrong.
In the SpecialFilters there is already existing a filter for Duplicate Movies!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jtxeka
Starting Member

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  18:58:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No no, you answered perfectly my question.
It's my fault. I used wrongly xmm.
Time ago I inserted several movie files inside some movies to select later the better codec ( and I forget to note them ) and now I'm trying to fix it. Now I know I must add each file as a separated movie to avoid this.

Thank you again.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  20:25:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ah, now I have understand.
As I'm @work at the moment I can't test it - what about adding a column "MovieFile2" if that exists...
Otherwise there would be needed a new variable for "Number of Files" that are assign to a movie. (Feature Request)

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jtxeka
Starting Member

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  11:28:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Both solutions will help to solve that kind of maintenance problems.
Is it possible to add easily that new column?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  12:02:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have a look at the ColumnChoser (Right Click on the Grid column).
If it doesn't exist only Ale can help. In that case I would prefer to have a "Number Of Files" as variable for the card as well as choseable for the grid.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jtxeka
Starting Member

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  11:30:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, it doesn't exist. And you're right, a new "Number of Files" variable is a more elegant solution.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  12:13:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So let's wait what Ale does...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jtxeka
Starting Member

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  18:58:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07