Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 How to easily create database from DVD library
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Jake
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  17:45:33  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, I am new to Extreme Movie v 9 and not very IT literate, I wonder if you can help me by suggestion the best ways to establish the Extreme Movie database from existing 1000+ DVD hard copy library. I dont have any electronic details of the DVD's and suspect these need to be captured somehow (easily) to be up loaded into v9 - but what is the best method?

kind regards,

Jake

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  20:02:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jake, welcome to the forum!

1. Movies on HD: import them by the Device Scanner.
2. Movies on DVD: I would suggest to note down all movie titles and add them as a bulk (import from txt) into XMM.
3. Movies on DVD: you can import them directly from media but 1000+ movies... for me it would be to much work to open and close the tray for such an amount of disks.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2016 :  12:25:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Thanks but this dosen't actually get me much further forward on the import. I made the text file and imported the film titles but it only the title came into view - there is no details of the film behind ( I suspect I have created only a list of films). I suspect I need to find a means of getting the film data. I was hoping this would have been done automatically. If I need to get the data for every film then I need to repeat the operation 1000+ times. Please can you advise if I am missing a step here or misunderstanding the original advice. I have used the iTunes software in the past and when albums came in my library without Artwork I simply choose "get artwork" and the program when off and gathered the required data. I was hoping for a similar type method on XXM idealy from 1000+ list I created in text file

many thanks in anticapation.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2016 :  13:37:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please check in the options if the automatic import is activated. Should be after a fresh installation. Now chose the standard scripts for the import of movies, shows and actors. That might do the trick.
Or if you wanna import the data manually then select all desired movies and import the data with a different script by using the context menu.

Additionally I would advice to have a look here: http://www.binaryworks.it/cgi-bin/data/wiki/doku.php?id=start

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2016 :  15:29:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Where do i find the "Option" menu? I am using V9 is this different to previous versions? The WIKI page doesnt explain the step too clearly or in depth.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2016 :  18:43:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The options? Just open the Files menu. Nearly at the bottom there are the Options.
Alternatively (I don't know the standard setting at the moment) you can do a right click inside the movie card.

To the wiki:
Feel free to create a short description and Ale or me will add it to the wiki. It's always the same problem when someone who knows the program tries to explain it to new users...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07