Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 imdb script error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MTS

Greece
177 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2006 :  13:21:33  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

First i have to say that i'm impressed about the new feature of trailers. Its awesome! Thank you! As for the actors problem, if its not possible to fix it, its ok.

Now, about a problem i have during import.
While i'm importing from imdb, there will be always a stop during the procedure. One example is the following:

"Unable to connect to the remote server5" or -> "...timed out5" i have to press OK

"Error on script expression: The #TAKEPICTURE# cannot download the picture !Line : 954" -> i have to press RETRY

"(IrfanView)"Error cant load c:/../extreme movie manager/tempdir/buffercover.jpg" -> i have to press OK

(movie was "be cool" if it matters)

I think the error appears during actors import.

If its a scripts bug that can be fixed, that would be great.

If its something that cant be fixed, then there should be a way the script continue automatically, without the need to press all these buttons. I was importing about 100 movies and left for 4 hours, then came back, and the script was in the 3rd movie waiting to press OK...

i have "ignore simple script errors" option enable, and latest imdb complete script.

Thank you!

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  10:27:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi MTS,

Thank you very much! I am happy that users like the new trailers, I think it's really useful when you have to choose the movie to see

About the IMDB, I have try just now with "be cool" movie and I haven't any problem.

Maybe the IMDB server was down, please try again now and let me know.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

MTS

Greece
177 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  11:40:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

The problem is not about the movie. If i try to import the same movie again, it most probably wont have problem. But when i choose direct links for about 100 movies and then leave them for import, the problem will appear in random movies (as i see during actors import ALWAYS) about 20-30 times. It happens all the time i'm importing movies.
99% of the times is the following error as i mentioned above
"Unable to connect to the remote server5" then
"Error on script expression: The #TAKEPICTURE# cannot download the picture !Line : 954" and then
"(IrfanView)"Error cant load c:/../extreme movie manager/tempdir/buffercover.jpg"

The most annoying thing as i said is that you cant leave during batch import, because i always have to skip this error for the import procedure to continue.

I hope you will find a solution, at least to skip this automatically.

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  11:55:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK MTS, I will make a big batch import to search the bug.

Thank you,

Alessio
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07