Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

norm3777
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2007 :  21:07:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have entered all my data base under imdb without it working the site has no further use to me
Go to Top of Page

darjanp

Slovenia
113 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2007 :  21:16:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I some cases PLOT is not downloaded.
For example:
- Wild Hogs http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0486946/
- Last Train to Freo http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0848592/
- Dark Corners http://imdb.com/title/tt0485376/

Edited by - darjanp on 07 Mar 2007 21:18:10
Go to Top of Page

bruama80
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  00:47:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi again.

Well, again with a question regarding imdb scrip (any of them).
They just don't seem to work!

This is what i do.
I just created a new database.
Imported a CSV file with 20 xvid movies, with all the relevant information on codecs and stuff.

Now i need to update all the info about the movie, to keep the collection all prety :)

First movie: "The Godfather: Part II".
I simply can't run imdb scrip on that title! It just hangs. So, in order to spot, i have to close the program by force (e.g via windows task manager).
Another thing i noticed is, titles that are a bit different, let's say, Rang De Basanti, nothing found and hangs.

Allesio, my dear friend, is this a common error, or is it related with the new imdb outlook?
If you could make this script to work, them you would have, without any doubt, the best program by far to manage a movie collectio (it still is one to best already :))

The thing is that imdb is the only english language site that has a script to import information.....

Allmovie script is working (meaning, running without problem) but it just doesn't find any movie (tried both the examples above).

One other thing, wouldn't it be simple to put a cancel button on the update script? So if the importing freezed, we could simply cancel it without having to shut down the program?

Thank you in advance for the help, and keep up the good work with the program!

Edited by - bruama80 on 08 Mar 2007 00:58:58
Go to Top of Page

bruama80
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  23:28:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, looks like i spoke a little to son.

I finally got the imdb script to run!!!

What was the mystery? What magic did i use?
I just read the FAQ on the site..... DUHHH

I have Kaspersky installed, and hadn't had xmm added to the trusted programs.

That did the trick :)

So, to set the record straight, xmm IS the best program around by far.

Best regards to all!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  16:14:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am happy that now is everything OK, please sorry for my late reply but I was out for work.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Midnight Tboy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  20:58:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi again Alessio, glad to see you're back :)

can you check on the problem of trailer imports? It still doesnt appear to be importing trailer info any more

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.
Go to Top of Page

Midnight Tboy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2007 :  21:36:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've just noticed theres a new version of XMM just out so I updated it along with imdb scripts etc.

Now when I go to update with default chain (ie my imdb complete script).....I'm getting the same constant errors in the script....ie with serious script *s turned off it just stays doing absolutely nothing in a constant error trap....and if I turn it to show serious errors I get the same as before.

and yet again the Weblinks now http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0116447http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0116447

and

Directlinks now http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0116447http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0116447|

as in they have duplicated address presumably causing the lockup. This film (gray's anatomy) had the proper directlink etc info before I ran the new imdb script. Something is still messing these scripts up when its trying to import over an already imported movie from older script

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.
Go to Top of Page

zkn
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2007 :  20:14:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
does getting cast (starring) works for you? for me it doesn't work now. I get empty list, though yerstaday it worked well.
Go to Top of Page

darjanp

Slovenia
113 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2007 :  23:44:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
same problem here, cast is NOT downloaded. I guess there were some changes again on imdb.com
Go to Top of Page

glitchsniffer
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  05:28:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Im having the same problem today as well. It worked yesterday though
Go to Top of Page

Arachnophobe
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  18:44:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I only started using XMM a few days ago and I've fallen at the first hurdle. Only IMDB has the info I want and it won't transfer cast.
Go to Top of Page

Arachnophobe
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  22:59:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just got the new script (released just now). Seems to import OK now :)
Go to Top of Page

Kipcior

77 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  18:19:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What about the trailers ?? Since rebuilding imdb site neither complete not trailer IMDB script finds any trailer links. Any news about it?

Besides I've just downloaded new IMB script update and during importing data it's giving me errors (after it downloads all the data and actors at the end of importing)
Go to Top of Page

T3NAX
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  19:42:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
it isn't downloading casts...the IMDB complete I mean :-(
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  13:29:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please download the latest release of IMDB script with liveupdate and let me know.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Kipcior

77 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  13:42:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have the newest version of XMM 5.7.8 and the newest IMDB scripts. When I import the data it imports ewerything except trailers. I tried either complete script or "only trailers" one. The results are the same: no trailer information. Also I noticed that after it imports all the data and the covers it stops for a while and then I get couple of times the same error:

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.5

Then I click ok and have a decision point whether to try againn or cancel. If I choose to try again after a while I get the same error and it repeats until I choose cancel.

I don't have any firewalls blocking XMM ports,

Does anyone else faces this problem?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  15:46:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

The Trailer is not working anymore since IMDB update the website, this because they have completely change it (and now I think it's worse than before, because many trailers link are always broken).

I am trying to modify the script to import it again.

About the error, please open the configuration window, go in the MagicScript configuration and let me know if the "Errors" are ignored or not (checkboxes).

Thank you,

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

T3NAX
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  19:29:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi Alessio,
I already get the error of not receiving casts information...I got the new realese,I updated Xmm but no solution.

In the moviecard the Actors field is empty :-(
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  19:58:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What script do you use, the Complete? Please be sure you have check to import Starring too.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  23:19:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Testing the new IMDB complete... with a french flim it put

Une le#231;on de chasse

in the title! the original title was.

Une leçon de chasse

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07