Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Database Lost
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

laussetdelon
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2007 :  21:12:08  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I run emm 5.7.9.0. I tried to save my database on a previous database saved with a preious release (don't konw wich one) on a different directory than the current directory I was using for my current database (Savedatabase). An error was raised related to the non compatibility of the release.
I closed to program, the trying ti run it again an error "Thi sdatabase is not compatible" is raised.
My Saveddatabase is gone and the one I was trying to save is not anymoer compatible.
When I try to import the old one, I get an exeception (see screen attached). I choose continue and then the imported movie counter is not stopping going up to more than 10000 (my databas was about 600 movies)

Does anyone know what to do ?

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2007 :  09:57:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please ZIP your database and send it to me, I will try to see what's wrong.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Veikko
Starting Member

Finland
19 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  13:17:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think I had the same thing happen to me some time back.
Go to Top of Page

laussetdelon
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  22:47:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank's for your proposal Alessio. I finaly re-rewrite (by hand). I think next time, I need to always backup in an new database.
Go to Top of Page

xiribu
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2008 :  18:45:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!
I have the exact same problem has laussetdelon had!
I had about 700 movies added, updated, etc, yesterday I tried to save the database, an error ocurred and now I can't load the database, because an error occurs saying "not compatible". When trying to import to a new database same happens like happened to user laussetdelon..
I don't know how he solved this, please help!
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

xiribu
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  00:28:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can anybody help me?
Alessio, is it possible to zip the database and send it to you to check?
I really don't know anything about databases, and as you suggested this to the other user, i thought that if you would be so kind, it would much appreciated...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  13:15:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, no problem, just send to me the database, i will take a look.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07