Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Vista Media Center MCE Instructions and Support...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  08:39:12  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Guys,

I have released the 6.3.8.0 version, with an "alpha" version of Vista MCE support.

I use a Third party software, called Video Browser, a nice MCE interface.

When you will install the FULL or the UPDATE release, you must install also this plugin (I have integrated it in the setup).

When XMM will start, it will create the structure needed by this plugin, it will take some minutes and will be made once.

After that you should be ready. Now open the MCE in windows Vista and then go in the section "Images + Video" and then select Video Browser.

This is an ALPHA release, there is still bugs, please report your suggestions!

Known Bugs:

* Problems with some char of Umlaut alphabet (No information will be show in the MCE, but only the cover)

Thank you,

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

mastoul
Starting Member

Greece
28 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  15:54:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After the installation it searches all my movies but at the end tells me that i have to install again the plugin because cannot find it
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  15:56:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

do you have this message everytime XMM Start?

Have you try to launch the Video Browser inside MCE? Can you see your collection?

Thank you,

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Joaquim Rosa
Starting Member

Portugal
1 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  18:11:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When i start the extreme movie manager i received this message:
Cannot find the configuration file of video browser MCE Plugin...
i donīt have MCE, where i cant remove this popup error?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  18:16:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ops, sorry, it's a stupid bug.

I will fix it and put it online.

Thank you!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

thewarm
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  20:29:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I run XMM on my XP computer (where all of my movies are located). I have a Vista Media Center computer in another room. How do I sync my database please?
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

thewarm
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  22:08:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I doesn't seem to work with networked drives. I can play the movie from XMM, but not from VMC.
Go to Top of Page

thewarm
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  22:30:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I guess I need to do some work.
Check here...
http://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/wiki/FAQ
Go to Top of Page

thewarm
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  22:36:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now this IS a real bummer...(a quote from the Video Browser FAQ)

"VB needs to have a separate directory for each movie. In some cases one movie might be split in two or more files, therefore VB automatically creates a playlist and plays all the files in a directory in sequence. If the files really are separate movies, you will have to put them in separate directories.

Examples:

* d:\movies\First Movie (2007)\
o movie.avi
* d:\movies\Second Movie (2008)\
o bm-cd1.avi
o bm-cd2.avi

In the case of tv shows, the files need to be grouped in a season folder inside the shows main folder:

* d:\TV Shows\Great Show\Season 1\
o 101 - Episode 1.avi
o 102 - Episode 2.avi
* d:\TV Shows\Great Show\Season 2\
o 201 - Episode 1.avi
o 202 - Episode 2.avi "

I have over 700 movies on one drive, and they are all in ONE (Movies) folder. I really don't want to have to create 700 FOLDERS!

At least my TV shows are stored in the proper format already.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  23:05:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi thewarm,

I will answer directly to your last question, I will take a look tomorrow at network.

You do NOT have to create 700 folder, XMM will do it for you, in another folder, to simulate this situation and let Video Browser software work correctly.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

thewarm
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  04:23:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Alessio

I just posted a comment about XMM on "The Green Button" forum. Maybe we can get some feedback.

I've been very happy with XMM as my database. This Video Browser integration will be a most welcome addition to Media Center. It will bring functionality to Media Center that Microsoft should have included in the first place!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  08:36:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much thewarm!!

Stay tuned,

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

thewarm
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2008 :  11:53:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sam's back with a new version of Video Browser.
I don't know if/how this will work with XMM?

A QUOTE from TGB Forum:

"I just posted a new release.

Is there anyone out there brave enough to post a few screenshots?

* New auto update feature, will notify you of new versions and install them. (thanks to swingline)
* Added sort by actor and release year.
* Fixed bug where stars would vanish
* Theoretically fixed install on fiji, have no way of testing
* Fixing issue with improperly formatted image line in the .vf files. If an invalid path/file is given it will no longer crash the application.
* Adding support for mounting .iso files with daemon tools.
* Added flag for treating multiple movies as playlists.
* fixed issue where setting a .vf file as the initial directory does not work."

http://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/

To Alessio... maybe you can update to this new release?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2008 :  14:15:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have try it just now and seem to work without any problem.

Just install it and if you have any problem launch the function in the menu "Media Center" -> "Re-Initialize media center database"

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  06:03:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio, I am not ready to play with MCE, further I do not have MCE nor plan to have it for some time. I did a NEW install and told it that I did not want the MCE plug in, but somehow it still installed somethings related to MCE:
1) XMM went ahead and create the "first time MCE" stuff that I dont need (where did it put it??)
2) It starts the File Monitor that I dont need..
I think you should allow for those of us that do not need the MCE stuff to completely disable it.

Thanks

ps: why dont you write some more doc, so that we can have better idea of what you are trying to do with MCE..
Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  01:50:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i'd like to have the field "medialabel" in VMC, because my movies are on different numbered disks :)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  09:13:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Xua,

XMM just create a subolder in your Database folder called "_mediacenterdir", here XMM put some files for the MCE structure. Just this, nothing more.

About the File Monitor, I have fix the problem and from 6.4.3.0 the icon in the system tray will not be visible anymore if you disable it.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  09:15:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ulli,

at this time is not possible, maybe I can add this info in another field ( in the plot for example), this because I use a third-party application.

Thank you,

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

kiwas
Starting Member

Poland
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  16:02:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

The XMM support for MCE is a great feature but I noticed a minor problem with encoding of non-standard characters. When XMM builds descriptions of movies for the use of Video Browser in MCE (the one stored in "_mediacenterdir") all of the Polish letters which are in my movies database (created using filmweb.pl script) are omitted / substituted with a space.

I know there must be a way to keep the correct code page of the converted database (to display the Polish letters), but I can't figure out how to do that.

Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

kiwas
Go to Top of Page

racto

Chile
63 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  19:22:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio, I'm using windows XP Pro and i have no plans to change to vista.
Can you make XMM detect the OS running and install the MCE add-on only if OS=vista? Maybe disable the media center menu.
If I delete all the folder structure created by MCE, it will regenerate the next time I update XMM, right? Can it be avoided?
Bye.

Rodrigo Carvajal
Go to Top of Page

LuddeNo1
Starting Member

Sweden
8 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  20:35:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi.

The latest release does not work for me, the first did.
Now I am getting this problem when pressing the "watch movie" button...
It doesn't "see" any movie file, just 0/0.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07