Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Vista Media Center MCE Instructions and Support...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  04:28:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Alessio, maybe your new MCE add-on is a reason to move to Vista. But please spend 20 min and write some basic description of what it is, what it does, and why I should have it...

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2008 :  08:41:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The MCE is the Media Center, I send you a link to see what it is:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/media-center.aspx

Thank you

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

xSTAZ
Starting Member

Sweden
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2008 :  00:32:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

I tryed this in Vista MCE, but it doesnt show the swedish letters like "Åå , Ää , Öö"

Hope u can fix the problem.. otherwise its great! :)

/xSTAZ
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2008 :  14:43:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Yes, it's a bug of Video Browser plugin, I hope it's author will fix it soon.

Thank you!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

SteveCliff
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  07:25:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LuddeNo1

Now I am getting this problem when pressing the "watch movie" button...
It doesn't "see" any movie file, just 0/0.

Yep, same here - but only on my MP4 files. All the film detail comes up but when I go to play the film it says 0/0 and nothing to play ...

More likely to be a VideoBrowser issue I guess than an EMM problem but any ideas ?

Thanks!
Steve.
Go to Top of Page

SteveCliff
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  07:40:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmmm ... on checking in more detail, it doesn't seem to be restricted to MP4 - I have tested against two AVI's, one plays and one doesn't. Both play via the normal VMC route and I've thrown both in to GSpot and both are Xvid codec and AC3 sound. Odd ....
Go to Top of Page

SteveCliff
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  07:52:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Doh - finally my brain kicks in and starts working .... it was all to do with how the movies were added to EMM:

I have a media center PC, a 'normal' PC and a central server. The media center PC has a drive letter (Z:) mapped to a films directory (\films) on the server (GWSSERVER).
There are two ways of browsing to the films, one is via the drive letter Z: and one is by using the UNC \\gwsserver\films. If I use the drive letter it works fine - if I use the UNC, it can't see the film.

Are UNC's not supported in EMM? Or am I doing something wrong?

If all else fails I'll set up everything via the Z: but I would have liked the flexibility of not having to map a drive in the first place and use a UNC if possible ...

Damn good software though - only spent a few days playing with it so far but 10 euros definately on it's way to you - good work!
Go to Top of Page

LuddeNo1
Starting Member

Sweden
8 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  17:17:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I added all the movies in EMM via the shared folder, so it will work to have it in Popcorn hour movie portal.
So you mean if I add the movies pointing it to the actual folder on the harddrive instead of the shared, it will work?
Go to Top of Page

SteveCliff
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  08:57:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LuddeNo1 So you mean if I add the movies pointing it to the actual folder on the harddrive instead of the shared, it will work?

It seems to on mine - via drive letter works, via share doesn't :(
Go to Top of Page

LuddeNo1
Starting Member

Sweden
8 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  09:08:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are right, it is the same for me, shared doesn't work, drive does.

But it worked for me the first release, so something must have changed??
Go to Top of Page

LuddeNo1
Starting Member

Sweden
8 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  09:10:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hi,

Yes, it's a bug of Video Browser plugin, I hope it's author will fix it soon.

Thank you!

Alessio

Hi.
Which bug do you mean??
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  18:26:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I mean the bug with the Swedish letters.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

AlCapone
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  10:03:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Congrats on MCE pligin, now only Media Portal plugin remains..
MCE is very limited, single-site stuff, I cannot say it well enough how crappy it really is, compared to Media Portal.
I've been using XMM for years, but there's no point for me anymore, as it's more simple to maintain only one DB, and be able to access it from "every" room.
I wish XMM would enhance MP's database.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  11:24:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AlCapone,

I am trying to make a plugin to export XMM database to MP.

In the past there was an old software, but unfortunately the author has stop to develop it.

Thank you,

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

shaurya

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  20:19:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I don't want to offend any MediaPortal fan. I am a meedio fan. Someone may be a fan of another HTPC software.
Alessio, Does this means that I can expect a meedio plugin....Look at MeediOS. THe new and the "Bestest" HTPC software.
Its endless. Where would you like to stop.

How about a generic solution like a very robust and feature rich export functionality on top of Microsoft's Media Center plugin. That way everyone would be happy.

Feature rich...I mean-
1. Command line execution so that XMM can be called from outside to export a given entry to a give location (mapped and UNC)
2. Saving of the export settings so that command line can simply accept the saved name
3. Scheduled export
4. Synchorization of XMM db over network. I mean Movies cover, xml file, actor name..
5. delta export support. I added/modified 1 movie. My xml export looks at delta and exports only delta.
6. I marked a movie "watched" or "favourite" or changed the genere from "Comedy" to "Animation" in my HTPC software and my HTPC exports XML. Let XMM import it automatically by monitoring a folder.

Once again I don't want to offend anyone. I am just saying that a very strong and robust exp/import feature along with Newbie guide for each HTPC software MIGHT suffice.

Regards, Shaurya
Go to Top of Page

kennygno
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  18:44:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
same here.

quote:
Originally posted by racto

Hi Alessio, I'm using windows XP Pro and i have no plans to change to vista.
Can you make XMM detect the OS running and install the MCE add-on only if OS=vista? Maybe disable the media center menu.
If I delete all the folder structure created by MCE, it will regenerate the next time I update XMM, right? Can it be avoided?
Bye.

Go to Top of Page

boombastic
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2009 :  14:08:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!I'm running under Vista and if i start the media center i can see the Media Browser section.
Within it, i can find the .mdb database i created with XMM.
If i open it i can see the posters of my movies but no info is displayed (like plot for example) nor i can watch them.
Can you help me?
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

Italy
1 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2009 :  01:07:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Known Bugs:

* Problems with some char of Umlaut alphabet (No information will be show in the MCE, but only the cover)

Hi Alessio,
this mean that no information for any movie will be shown, or only where in the information there are char of umlaut?

I've the problem that in MCE I'm not able to see any kind of info for any movie (only the poster), so I would like to know if I've a "personal" problem or it's the same bug quoted above?

Thanks & ciao
Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2009 :  17:53:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

same problem here. all is running well but if there is a "umlaut" (ä,ö,ü) in the title is doesn't show any information.

regards,
ulli
Go to Top of Page

Erstam
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  10:26:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

I did some experimenting with XMM 6.8.3.0 and Media Browser 2.0.11.0 and experienced the same problems as other users.

No foreign characters
My movies have some german characters. In your export they get replaces by spaces. This is definitely not due to a bug in Media Browser, but to wrong export or character encoding. When exporting the characters, you will need to encode 'ä' ('ä') with 'ä', 'ß' ('ß') should be 'ß', etc.

No text information available
This is not due to special characters in the folder name, but to Media Browser not finding the video file. Media Browser expects the video file to be present in the same folder as the XML files. Links (by using LNK files) do not work. This clearly seems to be a limitation of Media Browser.

You could put a dummy avi file directly into the folder you create for Media Browser (the avi can be 0 bytes and any name as long as the extension is ok). Then the information is displayed. However, the "Play" feature in media browser naturally leads to an error.

Best regards

Marc

Edited by - Erstam on 19 Apr 2009 10:28:44
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07