Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Vista Media Center MCE Instructions and Support...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  17:18:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

I have just installed the 2.0.11 and I have make some tests.

Now I create a dummy avi file (0 byte, but seem to work). In the next release I will also export the "backcover" as "backdrop" image. I have only one problem, for many movies Media Browser do not show text, I haven't idea why, maybe is related with characters enconding. I will continue to make tests...

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

LiberatedBlade
Starting Member

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  22:04:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all guys!

First of all I want to thanks Alessio for this fantastic software!!
then..I use XMM mainly for organise movie in my HTPC, so I'm interested in the function that media browser can perform, unfortunally after testing it (version 2 beta) I've sustained the same problem that was written in this discussion: i can see the images of the movies but when I open them, nothing is shown.
So I've tried the solution that Alessio has written in the previous post (create a fake avi file) and...ta-da!! the movie that i used for my test now shows all the info!
Then I've written a little program in vb.net that creates an "avi fake file" in all of the folders of my collection, I've open media center and.......nothing....when I click on an image, media center tries to open the fake avi file and returns an error (obviously!); but then i had tried to restart media center and now the movies that I've tried to open shows all the infos.

My conclusion was that the problem is not in the characters encoding but in the media browser itself that did't refresh the infos correctly , and another problem was the fact that the media browser didn't read from the path of the xml file for the movie path but always played the fake file in the folder.

(sorry for my bad english!!!)
Bye ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2009 :  11:31:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I Agree, I have make much tests and seem that Media Browser do not refresh the cache correctly.

I have also force Media Browser to delete the cache and reload everything but nothing, it show only some details of some movies...

If someone know a way please write me.

Thank you,

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

jarosik
Starting Member

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  00:45:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Erstam

No foreign characters
My movies have some german characters. In your export they get replaces by spaces. This is definitely not due to a bug in Media Browser, but to wrong export or character encoding. When exporting the characters, you will need to encode 'ä' ('ä') with '#228;', 'ß' ('ß') should be '#223;', etc.

Hello Alessio,

It's same problem with swedish and polish characters when XMM make mymovies.xml files for Media Browser. Can You fix it. I like XMM very much but this one disturb me.

Thank You
jarosik
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07