Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2009 :  22:20:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Yes, shelves will be also in the new XMM, the button is in the Menu "Views".

About the Thumbnail, this is replaced by another "view", called "card view", where you will be able to put all fields you want toghether with the cover.

In the final release I will try also to put another View, that will be like the Ipod when you browse music albums, with Transparency effects...

I really hope to release an alpha soon so you can start to test it...

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

freeze
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2009 :  21:01:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mawu

@Alessio

quote:
The guy that made the (x)HTML-DB cannot work on this, so at this time will not be possible develope it.

That's a pity, but it can't be helped.
Imho the normal moviecard export is not that bad. Maybe you can pimp it up a little bit with some javascript stuff.
Another possibilty will be to integrate MySQL export to file or direct upload to MySQL server. Then one can tinker with PHP+MySQL to build an online-xMM. At the moment I am using xMM as backend for our website (www.schlemmerkino.de) where I export the movie database via CSV and re-import it into PHPMyAdmin on the server.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

Mawu´s page/Database (http://schlemmerkino.de/index.php?inhalt=filmliste) is the way i would to see the export:
Having a nice, clean interface , the possibility to click vor more details AND the user is able to set filters by genre and movie name.

Maybe Mawu can help by publishing his php script for the xmm export? ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2009 :  23:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@freeze
Thank you that you like my page. Certainly it's not possible to use the code one-to-one. One reason is that it's not my code alone as I've buildt the site together with my colleague and most of it is also used in some commercial websites. Another reason is that there only a few fundamental movie data stored in the database and the focus is more on the recipes that are connected with the movies. But it should be possible to build an own php solution that is tailored to xMM - maybe with the help of the whole community as I'm little bit busy these days with other things. It's not that easy as you have to take into account things like multilanguage support, moviecard integration, in-depth configuration...

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 11 Apr 2009 15:39:30
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  16:01:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi,

I like the new XMM, thanks.
When I check the GroupBy menu and Custom1 , 2 etc. and choose the Select Custom Tree Wiev I can't find out Custom 1,2 ....10.
I write DVD number in the custom2 field and I sort my film by custom2.

Here is the picture what I mean
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4569/xmm6.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  07:56:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will add it.

I haven't put all fields here (that are the one that you can show in grid) to make XMM more "quick" on loading grids and more reactive.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  10:23:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your help.
And I find out if we select any group from GroupBy menu for example Boxset, Director...etc. than how cancel it without not choose any of other groups?

Edited by - mnazmi on 20 Apr 2009 11:09:36
Go to Top of Page

mnazmi

85 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  11:08:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi,
me again,

When I convert my 6x database to 7x I get warning like the picture.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/971/capturelxu.jpg

Ýt says :
not valid from the the line 13"08/17/2008 12:00:00" to convert date

if I enter get the other date and warning : not valid from the line 13"08/15/2004 to convert date
and so go on. I cancel it CTRL+del only.

nazmi

Go to Top of Page

Rincevent
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  20:33:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti
About the Thumbnail, this is replaced by another "view", called "card view", where you will be able to put all fields you want toghether with the cover.

Hi Alessio,

will it still possible to get that kind of view with the new card system ?

so far I can't get more than one row of pictures like this, wich is not as good as the previous view model in my opinion.

except that the new version looks pretty good :-)

and the new "portable" installation is a big plus too, I was a little disapointed by 6.x version when I saw that despite I choose to install it on my 'H' drive most of the data actually went to my 'C' drive because that's where my 'My documents' folder is.

Edited by - Rincevent on 20 Apr 2009 20:39:47
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  20:51:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Yes, you can have a "thumbnail" view with the "Caroulel" view.

Just select the carousel view, you have some settings in the top if the grid , and if you press the little configuration button you can also modify the card.

Let me know if you have problem!
Alessio

Go to Top of Page

renegaderob1
Starting Member

Australia
27 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  22:22:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Rincevent,

also with the Carousel view settings in the top of the grid you can have different views. I think the one you want is "arrange in row". I have played around with the settings as well (little spanner) and you can get rid of all information if you like and also all text so that only the cover is shown; then when you click on the arrange button you can have only the cover shown like in your example.

@Alessio,

with the edit settings is there a way to get rid of the box around the DVD cover so that only the picture is shown? (There is a box which says "Record 1 of x")

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Rincevent
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  22:45:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you renegaderob1 but as you said there is still a big border around :-( better but still not as good as the old thumbnails view in my opinion

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  23:46:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

From next releases I will gave you the possibility to personalize also the border.

For now, please replace the file "GridMainMoviesView5.xml" that is in the layouts subolder with this one:

http://www.binaryworks.it/files/GridMainMoviesView5.zip

Please let me know if works correctly.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Rincevent
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  00:38:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks, it's better but there's still a lot of space 'wasted'

By the way I also have the same problem mnazmi has (see up)

Edited by - Rincevent on 21 Apr 2009 00:41:28
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  01:12:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Have you try to modify the card? Press the little button at top-right, you should be able to resize the card.

About the error, I have already change, I will put it online tomorrow.

Thank you!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

HaraldBluetooth

Denmark
77 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  05:45:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio - I appreciate your efforts with this version 7.

I've a few questions:

1. Where can I edit the Media Icons?
2. Where can I open the movie folder?
3. Where can I Read Codecs from movie files and Re-read Codec Information (The Quick buttons in the Play Panel in version 6)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  08:29:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

Thank you! I hope that the new 7.x will be much better that 6.x, even if there is a lot of work to do.

1.To change the Icons, just change the icons file in the "MediaTypeIcons" subfolder. So, if you want a different icon for DivX, you have only to replace the divx.png with another icon that you like.

2.Still in development

3.You can find this function in the "advanced tools" menu, collection maintenance -> re-read codec. I think I will make a shortcut near the play movie and play trailer

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Rincevent
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  11:24:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Have you try to modify the card? Press the little button at top-right, you should be able to resize the card.

I tried, I acn reclaim some of the space but I fell we'll never achieve the same result as in Version 6, certainly due to new libraries used to display graphics in version 7.

There will always be the lines separating the pictures and a border around them am I right ?

Thanks for the support anyway :-)

P.S. a big bug in version 7 : It seems that the options are not saved, if i configure my proxy options necxt time I start I have to redo it because all the fields are blanks ! And By The way, hidding the password with *** or dots would be a big plus here ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  11:49:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I will try to work on the cards to remove also the left space.

About the configuration, probably there is a bug

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

HaraldBluetooth

Denmark
77 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  12:21:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Hi!

1.To change the Icons, just change the icons file in the "MediaTypeIcons" subfolder. So, if you want a different icon for DivX, you have only to replace the divx.png with another icon that you like.

Where do you assign the media icons to the media type?

Right now I miss the icons on movies with media type V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC and DIV3.

Edited by - HaraldBluetooth on 21 Apr 2009 12:32:30
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  13:11:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For example, if the media type is "divx", XMM search for the image called divx.png in the mediatypeicons subfolder of XMM.

There is only one problem that will be fixed in next release. For Media type like:

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

of course you cannot have a filename called "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC.png" so, the file must be:

V_MPEG4_ISO_AVC.png

with "/" replaced by "_"

Same thing for DIV3, just create or copy-paste a file called DIV3.png in the subfolder and XMM will load it.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07