Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Media language cannot be set as a column in grid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zoya
Starting Member

Hungary
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  23:15:09  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi everyone.
Since my language is hungarian, I'd like to sort my films by language... sometimes I'm not in the mood of reading subs or concentrating to english...
Earlier it was possible, but now I dont know how can I set it.
Thanks for any suggestion.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  11:19:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

What about using Original Language field? Is already available in the grid...

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

MikeH.

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  20:36:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why aren't all fields available for selection on the main grid?
This seems only logical for a database. You should be able to select/display/sort on any field in the database. And these options should be available in the grid view for easy access.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  20:46:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
All fields? Well, is there anybody there searching for the plot? Those "long" fields shouldn't be in main grid. But for the other fields I would agree to you, Mike.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

MikeH.

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  22:45:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

All fields? Well, is there anybody there searching for the plot? Those "long" fields shouldn't be in main grid. But for the other fields I would agree to you, Mike.

Actually "Plot" is selectable in version 6.x. Looks like just about all fields are in the old version. Don't know why he took so mush stuff out for ver. 7. By the way, I agree, fields like "Plot" are not very useful for the grid, but you can bet if you leave it out, someone will want it.
Mike H.

Edited by - MikeH. on 09 Jun 2009 22:50:01
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2009 :  08:40:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mike,

Probably I will add a configuration option to select what columns load.

I have remove it just because plot contain much data, so loading it to grid will be really time-comsuming.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

zoya
Starting Member

Hungary
3 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  21:51:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hi,

What about using Original Language field? Is already available in the grid...

Alessio

Alessio,

Sorry for the late reply... I'm in a continuous fight with Win7, and I had no time to reflect.
What I meant with my question is how can I sort my films by the "Media Language" field?

thanks for any answer
Z
Go to Top of Page

zoya
Starting Member

Hungary
3 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  20:07:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
an answer on the above pls...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  20:20:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Media Language seems to be not implemented in column choser so far. Only Original Language.
Surely Alessio will add it in next release...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2009 :  09:21:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

Sory, I have some problems with Grid, hence for now I cannot add the Media Language field to grid.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Gilgamesch
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  07:27:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
if it is not possible to change the grid options, would it be possible to copy the data from 'media language' to some other field in an automated way? preferably into a field which is available in the column chooser...

Don't let your mind wander, it's too small to be let out on its own!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07