Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Need EMM Variable Name for Video Location
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2010 :  23:12:47  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

REQUIREAMENT:
Basically I'm looking for a list or document which would describe the variables used within the PopCorn plug-in. Specifically those variables which refer to the Folder Location and the Movie File Name that the Plug-in extracts from the XMM database and then uses during the building of the HTML code.

PROBLEM:
I'm trying to modify one of the HTML templates used by the PopCorn plugin so that the HTML that it creates could be used as a standalone browser interface capable of initiating the playing of selected Movies using the information from within the XMM Database.

JUSTIFICATION:
My work requires that I travel about 25% of the time. When I travel, the laptop I use is one that is randomly selected from a pool of 'preconfigured' laptops. No application installation is allowed and all data must be accessed using a USB devices. This reduces the security theat associated with lost or stolen laptops.

For my personal use, I have a WD 500 GB portable Hard Drive with a complete copy of my Movie files but I am not allowed to have XMM installed on the system. In order to watch movies now, I must manually search the Movies and Video Files and run them without knowledge about even basic show information. A highly portable and transparent solution is needed.

COMMENT:
If no such variables exists within the Plug-in, I would kindly ask that this abailty be considered for addition if others feel it is a worth while effort and it can be done.
I will of course donate the resulting template to the XMM user community for use or modifications if it works.

Thanks,
Norm

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2010 :  19:25:20  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Never Mind... I found the information I needed in the wiki site. Sorry for the troubles.

Norm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07