Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 One movie on more CDs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

voland255
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  00:12:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
May be I'm blind or dumb, but I cannot find how to properly add to XMM an movie, that lies on more than 1 media.
For example, 1.4GB movie contained in 2 files, stored 1 file per CD. I.e. when movie have CD1 and CD2.
Every fyzically existing CD (media), of cource, have it own CatalogNo. Movie has it's own MovieId. But I see that there is only one CatalogNo per one movie in MovieCard.
Even one CatalogNo per BoxSet.

So how I can avoid entering Titles "MovieName CD1" and "MovieName CD2" or double-titled movies inside BoxSet?

Even I suppose that BoxSet is intended for series of movie, like "Alien", "Aliens", "Alien 3" and so on. And XMM cannot search IMDB by BoxSet name...

So, it there exist possibility to make a set of media (CatalogNo's) per one movie?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  07:15:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why no put a 2 in "number of media"? On Card is it shown as "number of discs". ;)

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

voland255
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2010 :  17:49:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Because in this case CatalogNo of second media will be lost

1. I need to know CatalogNo numbers of both CD, separately. They actually may be far away from each other in collection of fyzical media, for e.g. historical reasons.
2. All media have it's own numbering and ordering in CatalogNo, without holes. It need to be catalogized ALL, because the absence of any hole is an kind of check whether nothing has been lost, and helps to point to the last media No for adding movies (media) to collection.

Edited by - voland255 on 10 Feb 2010 18:00:25
Go to Top of Page

voland255
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2010 :  18:08:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When you suggest me to write down CatalogNo of the second movie media in field "number of media", I will kindly disagree.

1. There may be more then 2 media per movie.
2. This is not filtered/searchable/chain_enabled item, I mean for approach like "Find me all media where movie 'Abcd' is located".

May be addition of Chains/Linked Records could be a solution.
Go to Top of Page

voland255
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  16:20:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...and there the same problem with TV Shows:
when some epizodes of Simpsons season 15 are located on CD with CatalogNo 1234, and some from Simpsons season 16 are located on CD with CatalogNo 2351, than this CatalogNo's will stored in Epizodes table (without any kind of reference to Movies table), therefore CatalogNo in Simpsons TVShow will remain empty.

So:
1. There will be no evidence of CD'd 1234 and 2351 in "By CatalogNo" View in the main catalog tree. So no way to know what is in CD 1234 "SearchInField" and AdvancedSearch is not functional inside TVShows
2. No simple and synoptic way to see on which all CDs are Simpsons located. It's possible only through full view of epizodes, with many-many times repeating values of CatalogNo

Edited by - voland255 on 11 Feb 2010 16:22:59
Go to Top of Page

voland255
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  16:23:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And - manual storing all used CDs into Simpsons TVShow CatalogNo field is really poor solution... Imagine how will look tree view "By CatalogNo" in this case...

Edited by - voland255 on 11 Feb 2010 16:24:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07