Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Changing File Path kills Media Labels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pks57
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  12:57:24  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I moved my movies to another NAS, thus changing the drive letter. When I fix the file paths using 'Tools->File Manager->Change Movie File Path Function', the paths are changed correctly, however the field 'Media Labels' of about 80% of the movies is overwritten with the string 'PA'.

any idea?

Peter

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  15:49:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Peter,

I will take a look for possible problems..

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  15:58:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, me again,

XMM should replace the old MediaLabel with the new one... is it possible that the other NAS has PA in the name?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

pks57
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2010 :  16:16:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

ah, I understand, that explains it. The share name is indeed 'PA'.

Now, I used the 'Media Label' field to store the original label of the DVD (before copying it to the NAS), and I would like to keep it that way.

Is there another way to rename the file paths without changing the 'Media Label' field (and without having to do it manually, as there are a several 100s)?

Or as an alternative: is it possible to move or copy the 'Media Label' field to another field that is not affected by the 'Change Path' Function?

Many thanks,

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2010 :  21:48:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am sorry Peter but at this time is not possible. Maybe I can add a checkbox to not read the Movie Label.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

pks57
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2010 :  18:48:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

nevermind, thanks. I was able to solve the problem in the meantime by opening the .mdb file in OpenOffice Base and fixing the movie file paths with a few SQL statements.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07