Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 refresh and "auto refresh"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beliprasic
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2010 :  09:35:27  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi
first of all great software - no regrets buying it.

I'm using it round a year now and most of upgrades were welcome, except refresh or better "auto refresh". I have round 6000 movies (and series) in database and duplicates are often. After every deleting database refresh and waiting is annoying at lest. I'm using AMD x2 5200, wd caviar black, 4gb of ram on win7 and it takes round 16 sec.
Is there any way to get it work like before, or maybe to get option to disable refresh for people like me. I'm sure that some like it the way it is working now.

sorry about my English
beliprasic

beliprasic
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  16:26:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
knock-knock..... anyone there?
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  20:01:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you try to do a repair and compact on your database? That is a lot of data and tables to have in one access database so it will take a while to go through it...
This is after you delete a few duplicates files?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  21:19:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

sorry for late reply... I will try to avoid the reload of the grid after every delete, I hope to do for next release.

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

beliprasic
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  22:01:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thx for suggestion JustMe, but that was what i did first. I even delete all actors to minimize the base and manually delete all, for me unimportant, data (with access). I got base from round 800 mb to 200 mb. Still no significant improvement. If i'm honest everything more that 3sec make me nervous. :)

Alessio thx for response, better late that never. Just kidding. I'm kind a impatient. Sorry. Nevertheless, it's nice to know you are working on solution (for me).

So take big cup of fine coffee (helps me in 3AM) and good luck with the code.
Beliprasic

Edited by - beliprasic on 03 Nov 2010 21:31:08
Go to Top of Page

beliprasic
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2010 :  17:24:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thx for "increased the Loading Speed of MovieCards!" in ver. 7.0.9.6. It is working much - much faster now. However disabling auto refresh after each delete, would be even faster. Hope for it in next release. :) F5 perhaps....

bye beliprasic

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07