Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 "Smart" Movie Searches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

NoFear
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  23:13:20  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm not sure how it is for most people, but my movie file names almost always come with the file name format of <moviename>.<year>.<quality>.<credits>.<ext> or some close variant like that. When using filenames, maybe the software could detect this kind of filename format and search for the movie name with the extra stuff discarded from the search. I could write a regex to match these types of filenames if it would help. I find that the software doesn't get a good match on my movies always because it is searching things like DTS encoding and some release group's name that is messing it up.

Edited by - NoFear on 21 Nov 2010 23:14:57

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  17:17:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

please send to me the regex, I will try to put a function that use specific regex to "clean" the movie titles.

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  10:58:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio, while you're at it, could you please fix an old request?

My filenames are "<Director> - <Title> - <Year> - <Extra Info>.ext"

It would be perfect if you used the import routine for episodes (or something similar), so that when importing new files, this info directly fills the proper fields and be removed from the title.

Thanks in advance.

(BTW I need to rebuild my library and it's tedious to rename all files manually in XMM...)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07