Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 My Wish: Improved Integer Sorting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

midazolam
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2010 :  16:48:06  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Any chance the Alphabetical Title sorting algorithm for the grid-view can be improved to match that of most OS's file-handling when it comes to integers?

For example, there is no logical reason why "8 Mile" or "3 Godfathers" should be sorted BELOW movies such as "10", "100 Feet", "12 Monkeys", etc; yet, they are. And this is a bit annoying since it doesn't match the folder structure where the movies are based.

Just my opinion, but it is an annoyance that it always present, unlike some of the bugs presented here.

Thanks for your time.

lordkiwi

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  01:17:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see lordkiwi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was just going to make that suggestion.
I found a great code snippet to do that sort of Natrual Language sorting on http://dotnetperls.com/alphanumeric-sorting
It worked realy well and was easy to modify. Not that Alessio needs the help.

"Computer games don't effect kids; I mean if
Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkend
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music" (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc 1989
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  15:29:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great! I hope it can be used for correct sorting of Duration.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  16:53:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Guys, I will take a look.

BTW, the grid I use is a third party component,so I don't know if I can modify it.

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  17:30:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale, just set attribute "sorted" to false and implement your own sorting algorithm.
I never have seen a list or grid component that sorts numbers "logical"...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07