Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 onex tool and mysql. ternot help :)))
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  15:12:51  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
hi..
thnx for all the great help. the forum solved most of my XMM problems.

i have a mysql question though. most probably it's very basic for you.
i have a large xml file (98mb)with tons of foreign film information. icelandic actor names etc.
so while importing, if i choose utf8, the importing stops after a while with a syntax error message.

At the beginning i changed the names of some of the films to make them compatible but when it comes to actors, it's impossible.

2 questions: is this a character set problem ? and if so, what should i choose to import the xml into mysql without interruptions.. it's been 2 days i'm trying to figure this out but no luck.
mysql version 5.1.47
also there are 2 places for the ch. set. one is on the main screen (MySQL connection collation) and the other one on the import screen. i just wanted make sure i'm choosing the right one
thnx in advance
m./

ternot

126 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  10:19:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi m. ;-)

if the is a syntax error, I would presume the the are some ' or " characters...
Can you post the error message?

Best regards
ternot
Go to Top of Page

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  12:08:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ternot,
I have 3 pics for you :)))
the error screen:
[/url]

main mysql window:
[/url]

database import window:
[/url]

i hope there's a solution for this.

thnx again.
murat :)))
Go to Top of Page

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2010 :  14:18:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i'm still craving for an answer and waiting... anyone care to help ??
thnx.
murat
Go to Top of Page

ternot

126 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  08:08:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Murat...

Is it possible for you to upload the xml and send me the link?

Best regards
ternot
Go to Top of Page

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  01:50:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ternot, i sure can. but it's kind of big.. i hope it won't be a lot of trouble for you... i'll send the link.
Go to Top of Page

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  02:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ternot,
here's the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/434571008/XML-Export.rar

thnx a million.
murat
Go to Top of Page

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2010 :  00:56:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ternot,
any luck ?

murat
Go to Top of Page

ternot

126 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  09:23:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi murat,

I just tried to import your file, and everything worked fine...

What choices do you have for your parameter "MySQL connection collation"?
I tried both "utf-8" and "iso-8859-1", in German and English...

Everytime it is working

Best regards
ternot
Go to Top of Page

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  12:07:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi ternto,
thnx a lot for spending time on this.
Honestly i'm using the settings i posted earlier. at this point i don't know what i'm doing wrong or if it's server related? the immediate question comes to mind is the size of the xml file. other than that i'm pretty much stuck here.
i'll export another file tonite and try to import it to the server again. maybe some settings while exporting instead of settings of the server import..

i'll let you know. thanks a lot for all your help.
Go to Top of Page

muratasil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2010 :  03:26:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i've just realized i've made a typo. no disrespect.
sorry ternot.

i'll do the whole thing again and let you know . thnx.
m./
Go to Top of Page

ternot

126 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2010 :  17:08:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Murat,

if this fixes the problem, please tell me where the error was (then I know it for the next time :-))

Best regards
ternot
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07