Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Backup and restore
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

superug
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2010 :  19:01:28  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I was looking for a good movie database and I have found a very good one when I bumped into XMM
Finally I was able to manage my collection as I wanted to.
However the fear of every person running databases are still a very real one in XMM as well...
The back up and restore functions are not very understandable or simple.
I have tried it several time and it had given me nothing but a hard time.
When I backed up the movies then the TV shows had to be added separately, and the restore was a disaster
since it was missing key information from the backup....
I really would like to see a utility that will pop up in XMM and ask what do I wish to back up and where do i wish to store it..
Then at restore works in reverse...
After some frustration I was resorting to the only way I feel comfortable with to copy the entire folder of XMM to a remote location that will contain all the files esential to my database...
After a P|C crush just copy the folder back and open the movie database...
The oly drawback on this methode that I need to copy several hundred megabytes back and forth...
Any suggestion on my problem?

Edited by - superug on 09 Dec 2010 19:13:47

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2010 :  21:53:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I am sorry but there isn't a function to backup and restore everything just because the backup is simple. You have only to zip th whole "databases" subfolder, that's it. And when you need to restore just restore the whole folder.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07