Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Installation Experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ulrich Zoller
Starting Member

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  19:11:38  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
bad - just kidding

I will use this thread to collect my first experiences with this program. Perhaps the information stated is helpful for others.

What do I have?

- an external USB hard drive with 2TB capacity, used as drive "h:" with the name "Videothek". The subfolder "DVD" holds the ISO images of around 400 DVDs.
- the latest copy of EMM (which is 7.1.0.6), registered a few minutes ago
- Windows XP Home with service pack 3, german
- Intel 3.6GHz CPU, 4GB RAM

First try:

It was my idea to have the movies and the database together on the removable HD. A bad idea:

- I could install the software on path "H:\Daten\"
- but on its initialisation, EMM tried to access the floppy drive
- EMM started (very noisy, such a FD drive...),
- I could create a new database called "videothek"

There seems to be an error in the initialisation routine. Does the software try to have access to every removable drive, as I have used one to install EMM?

- on scanning drive H: for movies, the program terminated without any message
- a problem report was generated automatically, and sent to microsoft
- a process EMM was still running and consuming more and more ressources, CPU was at a 100% usage and memory was about 500MB

Second try:

I used the operating system uninstall function to remove the software, killed the remaining directories on drive H: manually and moved most of the movies on H:\DVD to a subdirectory "H:\DVD\versteckt" *which means *hide**

- good news: The problem with the floppy drive access disappeared
- but: the program still terminates during the drive scan.
- more precisely: It had finished the scan of drive H:\DVD without any problem (because I selected "without subdirectories"). But after the message "new movies found", the program tries to import them. And there it ignores the switch "no subdirectories" and searches the whole tree. And terminates again - but this time, I've got a message, stating that there is an unhandled exception of "running out of memory".

Third try:

So I will move the ISO files to a different directory of H:\ and not to a subdirectory of H:\DVD. Maybe I can avoid a crash if EMM is not able to detect more files than appr. 50 at once.

I'll keep you informed...

Edited by - Ulrich Zoller on 21 Jan 2011 19:14:28

Ulrich Zoller
Starting Member

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  19:23:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe its only a detail, but it makes me wonder.

As mentioned above, I've created a new database called "videothek". The diagram "mini statistic" correctly shows no movies/no serials etc. But it still has entries for covers and trailers. Why?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07