New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  13:43:13  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

i use the Media Browser to view my movies at the Media Center of Windows and found some bugs and have some suggestions:

• special german characters
    the german so called "Umlaute" are not correct converted (problems in title, genre, description...) and should be:
    ö -> oe
    Ö -> Oe
    ü -> ue
    Ü -> Ue
    ä -> ae
    Ä -> Ae
    ß -> ss

• more then one genre
    for example the genres "Drama/Thriller" are written in the mymovies.xml as

<Genres>
    <Genre>Drama/Thriller</Genre>
    <Genre></Genre>
    </Genres>

but should be:

<Genres>
    <Genre>Drama</Genre>
    <Genre>Thriller</Genre>
    </Genres>

• insert media infomations in the mymovies.xml
    It should be no problem to insert the informations known in eMM into the mymovies.xml file to show the correct file-informations in the Media Browser. Take a look here:http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/1312/how-do-i-configure-and-use-the-mediainfo-plugin
    The following informations would be nice being inserted:

<Title>
    <LocalTitle>A Blu-ray in ISO format</LocalTitle>
    snip
    <Type>Blu-ray</Type>
    <AspectRatio>1.78:1</AspectRatio>
    <RunningTime />
    snip
    <MediaInfo>
    <Audio>
    <Codec>DTS</Codec>
    <Channels>6</Channels>
    <BitRate />
    <Language />
    </Audio>
    <Video>
    <Codec>AVC</Codec>
    <BitRate />
    <Height>1440</Height>
    <Width>1080</Width>
    <FrameRate />
    <Duration />
    </Video>
    <Subtitle />
    </MediaInfo>

tags who could used are described in the link above.

• replace "The", "A" ...
    There are three tags in the mymovies.xml-file who represents the movie-title:
    <LocalTitle></LocalTitle>
    <OriginalTitle></OriginalTitle>
    <SortTitle></SortTitle>

Is it possible to change the possition of the arcticles "A", "The", "Der", "Die", "Das", "Ein", "Eine" and "Eines" in the <LocalTitle> like in the following example?

<LocalTitle>Adler ist gelandet, Der</LocalTitle>
    <OriginalTitle>Eagle Has Landed, The</OriginalTitle>
    <SortTitle>Adler ist gelandet, Der</SortTitle>

to

<LocalTitle>Der Adler ist gelandet</LocalTitle>
    <OriginalTitle>Eagle Has Landed, The</OriginalTitle>
    <SortTitle>Adler ist gelandet, Der</SortTitle>

That doesn't change the sort order.

I hope you can get some thinks managed to be inserted into the export to Media brwoser - maybe all?! ;)

Regards
Ulli

Edited by - Ulli on 05 Feb 2011 14:49:30

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  16:34:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Alessio - any news? :)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  08:04:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Ulli,

I am working on this, I will try to make all changes.

For now I have fix the German Umlaute and the Genre/Subgenre...

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  14:41:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
wow Alessio - i'd like to give you a hug ;) works quiet perfect in 7.1.1.0 except the following mediainfo- and genre-issue:

• the mediainfo-part looks like that:

<MediaInfo>
    <Audio>
    <Codec>MPEG-1 Audio layer 3</Codec>
    <Channels>2</Channels>
    <BitRate>128 Kbps</BitRate>
    <Language></Language>
    </Audio>
    <Video>
    <Codec>XVID</Codec>
    <BitRate>940 Kbps</BitRate>
    <Height>336</Height>
    <Width>624</Width>
    <FrameRate>23.976</FrameRate>
    <Duration>90</Duration>
    </Video>
    </MediaInfo>

i found some problems and the following values seems to be correct:

<MediaInfo>
    <Audio>
    <Codec>MPEG Audio Layer 3</Codec>
    <Channels>2</Channels>
    <BitRate>128000</BitRate>
    <Language></Language>
    </Audio>
    <Video>
    <Codec>XVID</Codec>
    <BitRate>940000</BitRate>
    <Height>336</Height>
    <Width>624</Width>
    <FrameRate>23.976</FrameRate>
    <Duration>90</Duration>
    </Video>
    </MediaInfo>

and one special feature would be very nice: can you please insert the following flag in the mymovies.xml?

<Type>***</Type>

it should be placed in the header, not the mediainfo-part:

<Title>
    <LocalTitle>***</LocalTitle>
    <OriginalTitle>***</OriginalTitle>
    <SortTitle>***</SortTitle>
    <Added>***</Added>
    <ProductionYear>***</ProductionYear>
    <Type>***</Type>
    <RunningTime>***</RunningTime>

and can be filled with the following values:

3GP
    ASF
    AVI
    BluRay
    DVD
    DVR-MS
    F4V
    FLV
    HDDVD
    ISO
    MKV
    MOV
    M4V
    MP4
    MPEG
    MPG
    OGV
    TS
    WMV
    WTV

• the genres from ofdb.de are like that example:

Komödie/ Liebe/Romantik

what means that there are two genres:
    Komödie and
    Liebe/Romantik

in the mymovies.xml there are three genres:
    <Genre>Komoedie</Genre>
    <Genre> Liebe</Genre>
    <Genre>Romantik</Genre>

Can you please differ the genres with the existing slash followed by space, not only slash that it looks like that:

<Genre>Komoedie</Genre>
    <Genre>Liebe/Romantik</Genre>

only the following genres contains the slash:

Kinder-/Familienfilm
    Liebe/Romantik

Edited by - Ulli on 16 Feb 2011 15:22:15
Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  21:05:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks for adding the "<Type>***</Type>" but there are still problems with the the mymovies.xml output with 7.1.1.1:

• Genres got a space:
    <Genre>Drama</Genre>
    <Genre> Liebe</Genre>
    <Genre>Romantik</Genre>
    <Genre> Thriller</Genre>

should be:

<Genre>Drama</Genre>
    <Genre>Liebe/Romantik</Genre>
    <Genre>Thriller</Genre>

• <Codec>***</Codec> in the <Video>-Section not correct filled
    allowed values are:
    ASF
    DIVX
    MPEG Video
    MPEG-1 Video
    MPEG-2 Video (or H.262)
    MPEG-4 Visual
    AVC (or H.264)
    THEORA
    ON2 VP6
    SORENSON H.263
    VC-1
    WMV
    WMV HD
    XVID

so you have to change the following:

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC -> AVC
    DIV3 / DX5 -> DIVX
    MPEG-2 PAL -> MPEG-2 Video

• <Type>***</Type> are filled with video-Codec informations
    the type should be filled with the extension of the moviefile:

<Type>AVI</Type>
    <Type>MKV</Type> and so on...

• <Codec>AC3</Codec> in the <Audio>-section should be <Codec>AC-3</Codec>

• <BitRate>5 972000</BitRate> in the <Video>-section should be <BitRate>5972000</BitRate> (without space)

Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:40:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio, for some reason the "mymovies.xml" file has a broken <Title> tag. The ending </Title> tag does not appear until the bottom of the file which causes problems with MediaBrowser.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  06:20:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will change in next release, thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  14:37:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Me again,

I have take a look to XML example from media Browser and the </Title> tag is at end of file, like XMM.

I don't know if write it and top will help.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  08:48:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, it would. I have found that movies that were previously not showing meta data in MC began to when I corrected that in the "mymovies.xml" file. Also, I know you mentioned that the movie ID in the folder title was to handle duplicate titles but could you not find an alternative way of handling them? Sometimes MediaBrowser takes the movie ID as part of the movie title that it displays in MC and that too causes problems when fetching movie meta data. Please find a way to remove movie IDs from the folder title during export. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  18:05:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,

I decided to start my media collection again, this time using themoviedb.org instead of IMDb so that there would be less problems when using media browser. I noticed when I XMM created the movie folders it messes up a few special characters. I fixed these on my own when I manually removed the movie ids but when you have hundreds of movies, a streamlined option would be great.

Anyways, the issue is that XMM handles the ":" and the " ' " apostrophe symbol with a dash. I understand you cannot use the ":" symbol in file and folder names but can it be replaced with an empty space instead? Some movie titles when searched on themoviedb.org with the dash are not located but if you leave a blank space instead they are. The apostrophe is perfectly ok in file and folder names so can you make XMM keep apostrophes in the movie folder names?
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2011 :  02:00:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,

Have you had an opportunity to look over this? I would really appreciate it if your could do this. Thank you for your time.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2011 :  10:30:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I am working on this right now, will be ready on next release.

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2011 :  18:29:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much Alessio. I'll be looking forward to this update lol
Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2011 :  01:07:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is it possible to name the folders for MediaBrowser with the Orginal Film titel ? -- and not with the folder name

EDIT: Ok, Problem is, that Media Browser dosesn't find the folder names in - Themoviedb-

Xmm's folderes are named with the titel from Xmm.
srz

Edited by - M_L on 27 Feb 2011 16:20:25
Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  18:37:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
XMM does not copy the MovieFile link to mediabrowser Directory if the titel have a " : " in it.
But Media Browser does also not accept the Sign " : "
you can erase it with titel cleaning -
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  18:59:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,

How is the MCE going? Can you provide an approximate date when you think you might have the bugs fixed? I keep checking the XMM page every morning anxiously hoping to find that you have finished. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2011 :  13:24:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will try to upload the new release today.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  22:44:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
sorry alessio but the media browser output is totally corrupt in this version!

it looks like:

<Title>***</Title>
<LocalTitle>***</LocalTitle>
<OriginalTitle>***</OriginalTitle>
<SortTitle>***</SortTitle>
</MediaInfo>

the "</Title>" must be at the end of the mymovies.xml and no one of my found bugs is solved
Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  23:26:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@ Ulli -- Why don't u write the xml template, looks like u know what it should look like.
But, Allesio don't want to publish his secrets ;D

_Greetz_
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  08:24:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The mymovies.xml file is correct now. It's simple programming, the open <Title> tag must be followed by the close </Title> tag.

Alessio, everything works fine now. I uninstalled the previous version of XMM (7.1.1.1) I had and installed the full 7.1.1.2 and created a fresh new movie database. I used TheMovieDB.org as the source for the information and made sure that the movie title XMM uses is the same as the original movie title from TheMovieDB.org. A neat feature your program has is the command to rename all titles to the original title downloaded from TheMovieDB.org ;)

All my movies are now working EXCEPT movies with ":" in the title. I looked into it and as M_L stated above, XMM does not properly create a shortcut to the movie in the movie folder if the movie has a ":" character in the title. It creates a FILE with part of the movie title up to the point of the ":" character. This file is a not a shortcut and does not point to the movie file as it should. I experimented and deleted the bad files and created valid shortcuts to the movie files for two movies with a ":" character in the title that were not previously displaying their information, and they began to display after.

To sum everything up, Media Center Export is working good now, you just need to fix the bug that movies with a ":" character in the title do not have a valid shortcut to the movie file in the media center folders. I'm going to try tomorrow after work to play with the title cleaning that M_L was talking about but it would be nice if this could be fixed :)

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  11:32:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
jesusjordan: with 7.1.1.2 the mymovies.xml-file is NOT correct!! because this the media browser takes all informations from themoviedatabase.org! you can delete the mymovies.xml and get the same informations!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07