New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  17:17:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If I'm not mistaken I believe it has always has taken the information from TheMovieDB.org. I think when it finds the movie from the folder name it automatically downloads backdrops and the information on TheMovieDB.org. Then, the movies it does not find (don't exist in TheMovieDB.org) it displays the folder.jpg (cover art) image on the side and the information from your XML file. Either way, I'm not sure what your upset about as it is showing the movie information?
Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  19:04:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@ Jesusjordan - XMM should grad the information of the films. And MediaBrowser takes the informations from XMM and shows them in Media Center. So we want that XMM creates the right XML files.

And Ulli already wrote which Bugs the Imported Files still have.
Biggest problem is, that the " </Title> " has to end the XML File, at the moment it is at the beginning of the file.
@ Jesusjordan -> test it and write the " </Title> " at the End ! U will see that Media Browser shows all infos from XMM.

BuT, - keep it going Alessio Viti -
Go to Top of Page

aminchew
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  03:22:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ulli

jesusjordan: with 7.1.1.2 the mymovies.xml-file is NOT correct!! because this the media browser takes all informations from themoviedatabase.org! you can delete the mymovies.xml and get the same informations!

Ulli is correct. The whole of the XML file should be bracketed with:
<Title>
...rest of the file...
</Title>

As it is now, the xml file is malformed. It has something like:

<Title>Movie Title</Title>
...rest of the file...

The XML generation was correct prior to 7.1.1.2.
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  08:16:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I see what you guys are saying. I downloaded my movie information from TheMovieDB.org, not IMDB like many others so to me it was showing the correct information. I apologize to everyone for my mistake especially Alessio. I had you change the XML file when you had it correct. So the </Title> tag needs to go back to the end of the XML file.

With that fixed, I think the next most important issue is the one of the ":" character in the movie title. As M_L stated above, XMM does not properly create a shortcut to the movie in the movie folder if the movie has a ":" character in the title. It creates a FILE with part of the movie title up to the point of the ":" character. This file is a not a shortcut and does not point to the movie file as it should. I experimented and deleted the bad files and created valid shortcuts to the movie files for two movies with a ":" character in the title that were not previously displaying their information, and they began to display after.

Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  13:26:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I originally ran into character issues when I was playing with movies for my WD digital box. If it had a file with a ' or a : in the title then it would cause multiple copies to be displayed. I developed the practice of keeping my file names clean of special characters as they just caused issues.
You can just load a directory up in this free app and tell it to replace every : with a - or a space with a couple of clicks.
GIGO....keep your databases clean and it will work much better....just a suggestion
http://www.antp.be/software/renamer/download

G (garbage) I (In) G (Garbage) O (Out)

Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  14:13:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@JustME... NO. XMM got all tools!
Just use title clean and erase all characters u want (eg. ":") !!!

And everything works fine ! .... if the "</title>" bug wouldn't excist..
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  16:56:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK the issues I had was with the file name characters and I cleaned those with AntRenamer so then they came into EMM without them.
But I can see the title being an issue...I'll drop out of this thread now
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  17:38:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by M_L

@JustME... NO. XMM got all tools!
Just use title clean and erase all characters u want (eg. ":") !!!

And everything works fine ! .... if the "</title>" bug wouldn't excist..

Yeah we no longer have movie IDs in the folder titles and sure if we use the title cleaner than perhaps the movies that didn't create the movie file link because of the ':' would begin to but wouldn't you want that bug fixed?
Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  18:09:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
....got an e-mail --> "New releases available since last Mailing List!" <---...What ? .. it's still the old

When will this bug be solved ? ... the title bug is only in the newest version.. thx to jesus
But it's OK if you solve all "problems" with mediaBrowser Export and release a final solution.

Hope it will be soon * Thumps up*
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  07:25:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

the problem with ":" in the title should be already fixed! I have change it one release ago.

Please let me know if is still present.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  19:33:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio:

You cannot be serious!

The mymovies.xml-file is unusable - still with version 7.1.1.3 !. Neither the ":"-Bug nor my bugs are solved!!! The mymovies.xml is totally broken!!!

You have to put the "</Title>" at the end of the mymovies.xml-file!!!

if you need my help just contact me - i will give my best to assist you!

Edited by - Ulli on 17 Mar 2011 19:36:50
Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  21:04:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
arrrghhh !
Go to Top of Page

aminchew
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  02:08:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by M_L

arrrghhh !

+1
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  09:47:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Guys, someone write me that </title> must be at beginning, someone at end... I always try to make everything but its really hard in that way...

So, what is the REAL position of this tag, at end??

I am sorry but as you can imagine I cannot read the instruction for all file structures, I just try to follow the user's suggestions.

Please let me know and I will make the change.

Thank you,

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  17:45:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK ....
i will make it very short !

At first there was just some small things that -Ulli- wanted to correct.

-jesusjordan- always told you to put the </title> at the beginning. But that Destroyed the whole file !
Don't ever listen to -jesusjordan- !!!

Go to Top of Page

M_L
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  17:59:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Please explain the Problem, in easy words.

Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  18:39:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ok - I'll give it a try:

aminchew explained it very good:

correct:
<Title>
...rest of the file...
</Title>

As it is now, the xml file is malformed. It has something like:

<Title>Movie Title</Title>
...rest of the file...

Go to Top of Page

aminchew
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  18:51:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Back out the change with the title tag (I hope you use source control).

What I do to manually correct the issue is to edit the line in the xml file with a text editor:

<Title>Some Movie Title</Title>

1. Delete the movie title text (ie, "Some Movie Title" as above)
2. Cut </Title> and paste it to the end of the file.
Go to Top of Page

Ulli

Germany
75 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  20:11:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
or use a version prior to 7.1.1.2
Go to Top of Page

aminchew
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  02:46:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you - 7.1.1.4 fixed the </Title> problem.

Regards,
Alan

Edited by - aminchew on 19 Mar 2011 02:47:57
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07