Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 add Filter options to the VIEW menu tab
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  09:56:07  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Applying/clearing filter(s) was difficult to find for me. I expect to find it in the VIEW menu tab, which should contain the various view options. Please put it there as well.

Dutchman in Indonesia

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  11:44:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't agree with you. The View menu only contains settings for the general appearance of XMM.
All actions on the movies are on the Main (Start) menu.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  18:07:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Correct: the VIEW menu DOES only contain appearance options. But I (as a simple beginning user) expect that this tab contains anything that can influence what I will see.
And I don't understand the principle difference between hiding selected panels and hiding selected movies...
Very basic: a view determines what you (will) see.

Dutchman in Indonesia

Edited by - WimYogya on 06 Feb 2011 19:31:25
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  19:41:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, let's say it simple: the differences are processing on data and processing on program.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  20:02:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're both right in your own way. But I think issues could be worked out if Ale could give us what I've been moaning about for quite a while: customisable AND saveable filters (like Dupes and Decades, possibly located in that same area).
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  20:09:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@JDommi:
You describe a difference as seen from the developer's point of view. To my opinion your approach should be the perspective of the customer's intuitive expectations based upon the meaning of the word 'view'. In general: to make an application more userfriendly, follow the user, not the developer!
@apd:
haven't explored XMM well enough to understand your remark completely.

Dutchman in Indonesia

Edited by - WimYogya on 06 Feb 2011 20:14:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07