Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 change and move language and subtitle fields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  17:01:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
[also see my post in the BUGS section]
Logically the field ORIGINAL LANGUAGE shows the language the actors spoke.
I assume that the LANGUAGE field shows the language the audience hears - which (often) is the original one. So where to put ENGLISH, for instance? In BOTH fields? If yes (which makes sense) then let XMM do that for me, make an automatic copy. If the movie was dubbed the dubbing language should be automatically imported in the LANGUAGE field - or the user can manually overwrite the automatically imported language.

To my opinion these three fields are related and should be shown together: ORIGINAL LANGUAGE - LANGUAGE - SUBTITLES.
In the ADD/EDIT movie panel ORIGINAL LANGUAGE is in the MOVIE tab, LANGUAGE is called MEDIA LANGUAGE and can be found in the MEDIA tab, SUBTITLES are in the DETAILS tab. Not logical and especially annoying when entering info manually, because you want to do that in ONE action. So please move them all to the main MOVIE tab - and include them all three in the QUICK EDIT VIEW. And make the label names uniform.

Dutchman in Indonesia

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  20:08:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The content of those fields is filled by the script you use. Dubbed version is probably impossible to fill in automatically from IMDB; maybe german or french DVD sellers offer that info, provided that you select the proper DVD version - I've no experience on the matter.

The placement (and size) of almost all fields in the the QuickEdit pane is fully customizable, you just have to dig a little deeper: try right clicking somewhere in the pane.

With a little basic HTMLing you can also create and use a web page template according to your taste...
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  20:52:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. Scripts sometimes put the (original) language in the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE field, sometimes in the LANGUAGE field (wich is sometimes for unclear reason named MEDIA LANGUAGE). To make it more uniform, easy editing options are necessary.
2. That means, as I understand: work to do for Ale. So, please put the fields ORIGNAL LANGUAGE + (MEDIA) LANGUAGE + SUBTITLES all three in the main MOVIE tab of the ADD/EDIT pane: lots easier for manually adding info AND to correct script filled field content.
3. I know NOTHING of HTMLing and most likely will keep it that way ;)
4. I will later dig more to customize the Quick Edit pane.

Dutchman in Indonesia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07