Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Title Option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  09:09:55  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Alessio,

Could you please create an option under "Multiple Changes at Once (To Selected Items)" to add the movie year at the end of the title and/or original title (one or both)?

For example:
Before: A Nightmare on Elm Street
After: A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Just like that with a space and in parenthesis.

The reason for this is because I use MCE and when Media Browser reads the folder names in the mediacenterdir it automatically selects the first result from TheMovieDB.org. Often times there are movies with the same title but different years they were produced. By adding the year at the end of the title, XMM would include it in the folder name and then Media Browser is able to find the exact one your looking for.

Thank you for your help.

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  17:27:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't think you can use parenthesis as the WD player has problems with them....would just a space work for you? I have the same thing in my database and I need the year for multiple movies named the same too...now I don't always put the year in but for movies like the above I do too...and just use a space
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  05:05:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I guess that just a space could work but I just think it looks nicer in parenthesis. It makes it easier to read and distinguish from the title. i know there aren't many but there are some movies that have years in the title. If you say a space alone and no parenthesis will do it, then that's fine. What is WD player by the way?
Go to Top of Page

ConstantineX
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  21:55:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
XMM has a movie file rename function but im not entirely sure that it suits your problem. It works perfectly for me as I use media players and xbox360 to watch my movies, what the xbox reads and you can see in the screen is the file name, so renaming the file name to something more convenient-looking like "A Night at the Opera(1935)-8.1[Comedy]96min" would solve the problem. and there you have it, all the info you can possibly need in a glimpse, the year, the rating, the genre and the length.

You can use this function by going to Advanced Tools>Collection Maintenance>Movie File Rename. If you want to use the above way of renaming that I used you would have to copy and paste this "<TITLE>(<YEAR>)-<RATING>[<GENRE>]<LENGTH>" to the Filename Mask field.

I hope this helps

Edited by - ConstantineX on 10 Mar 2011 21:58:46
Go to Top of Page

jesusjordan
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  01:13:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately it does not, but thanks for the effort. What JustME and myself are looking for is an option to rename the movie titles in XMM so that it is reflected in the folder titles in mediacenterdr. There are certain titles that require the movie year to specify which movie it is that you have so that Media Browser displays the correct information. We are not looking to rename the actual movie files themselves as they are irrelevant to Media Browser.
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  17:23:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I currently just do it manually for the few movies that I have that require it but in answer to the other question, this is the WD mediaplayer I mentioned. older models are really cheap and you can play from a USB thumb drive too if you want
http://www.amazon.ca/Western-Digital-1080p-Media-Player/dp/B001JZFQU4/ref=sr_1_24?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1300897265&sr=1-24

Edited by - JustME on 23 Mar 2011 17:24:07
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  02:12:02  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Windows Media Player does handle Parans OK. I've actually have six movies where there are multiple versions and where I've had add the year in order to differentiate them. For example

Longest Yard, The (2005).wmv
Longest Yard, The (1974).wmv

These are the actual file names that I created before using the XMM Scan Drives import function add them to the database. And as I said they work fine. I should add that I'm using a Windows 7 Pro (sp1) environment.

Hopes this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  01:32:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to add this function in multiple changes to add the Year at end of title.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07