Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Controlling limit of Actors to import in a Chain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  22:24:05  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I just ran into an interesting problem. I was doing a Movie Add and had the Web Update use a Chain I had created. In the list of search results from those Scripts, there was a message saying the number of Actors to be imported would be 999 and that if I wanted to change that number I needed to modify the properties of the import Script. That's an easy task when your only using one script but how do you change the number of Actor's being imported for a Script when your using a chain of Scripts???

If there is no way to do this under the current (7.1.1.4) version of XMM, would it be possible to create a global setting that all scripts would use. For me any ways, I really only want the top 20 Actor's of any Movie I have or will have.

Thanks

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  09:11:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Aren't you able to set the options for each script in the chain?
For me I don't use a chain but select the single scripts by multiselect and setting the wanted options.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  01:07:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Norm,

That kind of settings are saved directly into script. When you use a Chain of Script with IMDB inside for example, the chain should automatically take the setting of IMDB.

What I want to say is that you need to modify the option of the IMDB Script. When you will use it in a chain it will use the saved option (in your case 20 actors).

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  03:33:26  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the information... I really appreciate it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07