Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Add "Starting Position" field to the main grid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MikeH.

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  06:28:09  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Could you please make the "Starting Position" field available as a column for the main grid display? This was available in version 6, but was left out of version 7's column chooser, for some reason. I have a large old video tape collection with multiple movies on each svhs tape, which I like to sort on Catalog# and Starting position. So I have been forced to keep a copy of version 6 on my system to support this. I would like to move everything over to Version 7 now.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  14:57:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will try to add in the next release

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

MikeH.

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  00:27:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you. I would really appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

MikeH.

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  22:57:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Another new version and still no "Starting Position" field for the main grid display.
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  06:44:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems Alessio uses a faulty program to keep his "to do" list ;)
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  14:55:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
it's there. i use the latest update and i see the field.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2011 :  21:31:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...or the "What's New" web page
Go to Top of Page

MikeH.

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2011 :  06:32:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kirill2785

it's there. i use the latest update and i see the field.

It's in the movie card, always has been, but I can't find it in the column chooser for the main grid display. I even did a clean install of 7.1.1.7 to a virtual machine, in case there was something screwy with the updates, on my main setup. But no luck there either.
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  17:45:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The main issue has been discussed before; Alessio thinks that it's best to keep the grid "light" by not adding too many columns. For my money, all fields should be available as columns and let the user decide...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  19:43:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@apd:
I think that Ale thought of the columns that contain memo fields. As the info in those fields can be really much it would extremely slow down the grid speed.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  09:25:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will add in the 7.1.1.8

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

MikeH.

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  11:14:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by apd

The main issue has been discussed before; Alessio thinks that it's best to keep the grid "light" by not adding too many columns. For my money, all fields should be available as columns and let the user decide...

The field I'm talking about is a numeric field the "Starting position" of the movie on a Tape, or disc with more then 1 title on it.
And I agree with you about all fields should be available and let the user choose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07