Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Multiple Updates from the same script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  18:09:32  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello
if i update a movie from imdb.com(fastest) 3 times. it shows 3 times in the field "script used",under "details" tab. i dont' see a reason it should do that. furthermore. each next time i update the same movie, and lets say the script imdb.com(fastest) shows up 3 times in the "script used" field it actualy thinks it updates from 3 different scripts in the update procces, and updates the same info 3 times, which is totaly unnessesary.

kirill2785

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  21:35:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am experiencing something similar after adding >1 titles from imdb.com(fastest) which I believe is a related issue. To replicate: I load 5 movies one-by-one using imdb.com(fastest) via [Add Movie and Update Now] and then I select/highlight/right-click to use update all using imdb.com(complete). If I try to load another movie using imdb.com(fastest), the script re-executes the five titles from the complete process - a caching issue? If I log out of XMM and back in, this clears the previous five and I am able to add one-by-one again until I repeat the complete process. Also, I am not seeing any actors added when I do the select/highlight/right-click to use update all using imdb.com(complete) which might be related to kirill2785's problem..
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  21:27:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just checked again to be sure.
i had a movie updated a couple of days ago, when there was a problem with the script imdb.com (fastest) (it didn't get actors and some other stuff), i updated the script today and then updated the movie again. during the update in the statistics i saw :"scripts done: 0/2". The movie was updated twice during one session!!!!

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  21:33:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
in the "details" tab, in the "script used" field sometimes the same script shows up many times.
i think to fix this XMM should check if the script it updates from is already i the "script used" field. if it is, don't write it again in the field.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  22:18:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have used to set option for "remove old directlink". Sometimes the scripts make nonsens if there is a directlink for another script. So that's the "safer s.."cript import

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07