Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Crash in 7.1.1.9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

reneg
Starting Member

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  15:52:38  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Ciao,

I've installed EMM 7.1.1.9, and now when i start the software i get this error:

and the software won't work.

Database is ok, if i try to open it with an older version , it works.

Thank you

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  17:33:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Seem that the database is "locked" by Admin user in the SERVER Machine...

Is that correct?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

reneg
Starting Member

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  19:33:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i have a server machine with EMM (Now Ver. 7119). The DB is in a shared folder, and i can access from an other PC with EMM 7116 and everything works perfect. So i thought that the problem come with the new version.

Now i'll try to Re-Download EMM and re-install.

Ill let you know.

Go to Top of Page

reneg
Starting Member

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  19:44:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tryed to update EMM (the working one) , from 7116 to 7119 and now i have the same error.

Any ideas ?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  07:02:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please close the connection to the database from the server. with the new release, when XMM start, must add the new fields to the database.

Probably cannot perform this operation because the connection with the server.

This operation is made only once, after that you can re-open the database of XMM from the server again.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

reneg
Starting Member

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  10:12:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Problem Solved, There was a service connected to the DB in background.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  14:19:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have the same problem when I'm creating a new database and I'm not working on a server. Example: I'm starting with the default databate example. With that open and running I click on new database and the program starts to build the new database and I get this errror message. I have to close down EMM and restart and it opens the new database and is ready to move forward. This error for me just started with then newest release. Before that it worked fine. When I check the database file folder I noticed it has the two databases open and didn't close the example.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  10:21:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys,

I will investigate.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07