Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Movie Grouping listing & linkage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  08:36:18  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Would it be possible to set up something like the Box Set feature but for groups based upon the user's determined relationships. Then to have that grouping be indicated in the Grid view and in the Card view in some visible way>

What I'm thinking of starts with something like the Box Set feature where the user defines a grouping. Then a drop down list box in the ADD/EDIT window that allows the user to select the group that the film is part of. Then a field next to the Group select box which indicates the number of movies that are part of this group.

Finally in the Grid view, The number of Movies within the group is a new field which will show the number of films that this Movie is associated with. A "Nice to Have" feature would be that if a user does a row select of a film in a group, the other films in that group are also highlighted to allow a quick visual identification of the group.

The reason for this request, besides allowing the user to determine their own relationships between movies, is that not all movies within a collection are not part of a Box Set and don't start with the same lead-in name. For example "Raiders of the Lost Arc" does not start with the "Indiana Jones" lead-in name like the other 3 movies. In addition, I purposely don't have the Temple of Doom movies. Another example would be the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan movies Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Sum of All Fears and Clear and Present Danger.

What I've described is also valuable in the Book Manger and Game Manager applications where the same issue exists.

I'm sure there are other ways in which to accomplish what I've described above so I'll leave the implementation aspect to those who can do it.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  09:50:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Shortly: already in the wish list ;)
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7764
c20: "Filmography/Movies in Database" related to a series and vice versa with link if already in db
c21: chain of movies/series similar to Boxsets (Alien, Babylon 5, Critters, etc.)

But you've mentioned some good additions to!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  05:39:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Guys!

indeed is a good idea. it require a lot of changes so I don't know when I can work on it.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07