Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 MAJOR bug/problem on device scanner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

marcocc
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2012 :  15:07:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

usually i put all movies to import in XMM in one folder (let's call it "A"), i import them, rename then with my order, copy nfo and thumb in that folder, and then i move everything to folder B. (enabled for xbmc access).
both folder A&B are under resident file monitor, so until 7.2.2.1, when i move to folder B, the file scanner used to spot the same file in a different location and promped me to change the path; now, it did it only for the last database entry, and not for the other (about 130 more entries).
Instead, the device scanner spots the new movies and prompt me to import them again. (i tried it, and it really imports them, creating duplicates).

thank you for your work!
Marco

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2012 :  07:55:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Marco,

I am working on this, I hope to fix everything for the next release.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2012 :  19:00:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Marco just a question: so XMM works correctly with the new movies added with the latest release and the device scanner, but fails with all the other movies in the database that was added with the "old" file scanner.... is that right?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

marcocc
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2012 :  17:55:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ops... been away for a few days! i'm going to check right now however to answer your question: no. The problem was with the new files imported with latest version, i didn't move any older file.

I'll do some more testing, trying to move also older files, if you need it.

Edited by - marcocc on 19 Mar 2012 17:58:54
Go to Top of Page

marcocc
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  19:17:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tried today, with version updated to 2.5, and the problem persist: the device scanner scans the movies moved from one folder to another, and wants to import them again; I looked everywhere, and tried everything, but i'm not able anymore to change the file path; neither with the file scanner-device scanner, or via the the Tools -> file manager (the latter, actually checks for ALL files, except those with wrong path!!! it reports "file path changed 2200/2383" BUT those 183 files not checked are exactly the ones it should change).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07