New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Madhouse
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2012 :  17:47:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

Norton 360 Security sees the new scriptupdate utility as a kind of virus
and removes it.

I was able to get it back and exclude it for Norton, but I just wanted to let you know.

For the rest XMM works great for me and I love it.

Greetings,

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2012 :  18:26:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the Info!
When the latest version will be available (probably at the weekend) I will upload it at first in the forum to check if it will still produce a false alert. If so the prog should be send to Norton to exclude it from the virus list.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2012 :  11:05:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Release 1.0.4.2
http://www.mediafire.com/?6y4pe41cnnkaxbf

*EDIT*
Would be nice to know if a help file is needed for. And of course if there is still a false virus alert...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 27 Apr 2012 20:40:36
Go to Top of Page

Madhouse
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2012 :  21:06:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Norton stil gives an alert and removes scriptupdater ( also rel. 1.0.4.2) when executed.
Because you said it's a false alarm I recovered and excluded the file again.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2012 :  21:33:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Would you do me the favour and send the prog to Norton? As I don't use this Antivir software it would be better that you will do it. The point is that the submit form by Norton is restricted to registered users as I have seen so far.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madhouse
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2012 :  08:19:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'll send the program to Norton this weekend to get it excluded from the viruslist.
When I get an answer from them I'll let you know.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2012 :  09:18:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks in advance!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2012 :  21:52:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.mediafire.com/?wt200gkbogxdw3k

v1.0.5.1

What's new:
- multilingual by ini-files (english and german so far)
- autoupdatable

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 28 Apr 2012 22:40:43
Go to Top of Page

Madhouse
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  16:44:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Downloaded v1.0.5.1 at mediafire.com, but this version don't work at all.

Then tried to go back to v1.0.4.2 but I can not download any version anymore from mediafire, except the latest.

Besides that, Symantec/Norton thinks mediafire.com is an unsafe site (fishing and so on)and blocks it.

How can I get a working version of scriptupdater now?

Greetings,
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  17:55:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'll upload it later in the evening (after work). The problem why your version doesn't work is that at the moment there are problems with my own webspace used for the updates. For that I can't upload anything.
On Ale's server there is no possibility to.

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 01 May 2012 13:42:50
Go to Top of Page

Madhouse
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  19:22:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, I understand.

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  13:43:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now it's done. New version and a new server.
http://jdommi.jd.funpic.de/extremeupdater/ScriptUpdater.exe
or the packed version
http://jdommi.jd.funpic.de/extremeupdater/ScriptUpdater.rar

This is release 1.0.5.2

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Madhouse
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  14:02:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, that's quick. And good luck with the new server.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  14:26:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  16:00:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When I tried to use your latest version, a German text box popped up saying that lista.txt could not be found. I found it in the liveupdate folder and moved it to the folder scriptupdater was looking in. The past scriptudater did not give me this error. Also, everytime I open EMM, it says I have script updates, even if I just updated them. Everytime I run scriptupdate, it says the same scripts need updated. Last...what are unfixed scripts? Whenever I check to "delete" unfixed scripts, they are still there the next time I run scriptudater. It's very confusing when it keeps saying that there are new scripts when I just updated them.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:01:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Does this error occurs before the windows is visible? If so then I have simply forgotten to upload this file on the new server.
If the message occurs when the window is already shown, then I have to look at the routine. Although after all those testing there shouldn't be any error... Unfortunately I'm now at work - so I can't test it today.
The Updates are handled a little bit different from the "old" one. When deleting scripts that you never want to use you just have to add them to the exlude list and delete them after that. Same for the unfixed scripts. I personally have begun with a backup of my script folder and then deleting every script in the original one. Now I have added all scripts I will never use to the exclude list. Then I have updated all other scripts. Think of showing/excluding the unfixed scripts, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  11:18:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Release 1.0.5.3 - Hopefully bug free now!
Same link(s) as above

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

KenG
Starting Member

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  00:52:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just downloaded the new one and if I click update
the window flashes on the screen and then closes
with no update's downloaded.

Edit: cancel above I found a rouge copy of the updater
running in task manager, killed it and all work's fine

cheers

Edited by - KenG on 03 May 2012 01:59:01
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  08:49:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, that error was my fault. I simply have forgotten to detect if a specific file exists or not. Shouldn't occur anymore.

An addition to the message that new scripts are available in XMM:
This message comes up as Ale has to replace the original update check. This check doesn't know all the additions of the new updater. Please keep patient 'til next XMM release.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  16:48:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The new scriptudater (1.0.5.4) says that "the scripts cannot be found in LiveUpdateTemp folder". I copied the scripts to that folder, and the scriptupdater recognized them. However, everytime I run scriptupdater it says the same scripts need updating. I download the updates, then if I run scriptudater 5 minutes later, it says the same scripts need updating. How do I know if I have the newest scripts if it continuously tells me there are new updates? I have done a fresh "full" install of EMM 7.2.2.7.

Edited by - ronbug4444 on 04 May 2012 16:52:47
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  22:19:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Bug found.
It happens when a script is in the Scripts folder but not in LiveUpdateTemp\Scripts.
Please leave all scripts in the Temp folder until I have solved that problem. Will be difficult because these temp scripts are used to check against updated scripts (Last-Modified Date). The "normal" scripts will get a new modification sate everytime you change the Advanced Script Options for so that comparing with them could miss an update in the worst case.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07