Script updater
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kipcior

77 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  10:29:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ok, for the few recent releases of XMM, since the totally new version of updater was in it, even for once it have not worked properly. First a new window was shown but the buttons releasing updating were not enabled, then I had some german messages when trying to open it. In the newest release from 4th of May when I click on updater icon in XMM all I get is the message: "No Internet Connectivity or Website Not Available at the moment. Please try again later". That is really strange since there's nothing wrong with my connection. Can you please do something to have it working in official version of XMM cause without this functionality, it's kind of useless for creating new movie records. I also tried to download new version of ScriptUpdater itself but seems like Norton 360 disables it as I cannot do anything with it after downloading. If you cannot fix please go back to the previous technology, as it was working.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  12:24:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry for your vexations.
Please keep in mind that a new prog can have bugs, even if you think that there aren't any more.
The Norton360 problem is known. Another user wanted to write an email to them because of the false alert.
To the problem of the internet connectivity: As the updater is a separate program it is only checking the connection for itself. So don't worry about updating your movies!
To explain why this message occurs: I try to download the Changelog of XMM to the LiveUpdateTemp folder. If the file doesn't exists there after "downloading" the Updater assumes that Ale's Server isn't available for the moment. The only reason I can imagine at the moment is that you had no or a very poor connection while trying.
Another possibility could be that you are behind a proxy - I don't know if in that case the Updater does work.

Please try this release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/raymbmby638ttew/ScriptUpdater.exe

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Kipcior

77 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  13:29:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear JDommi,

let me start first with the result of installing the version you linked above. After installing it I do not get the message as i had before but instead I see something is opening and closing a moment later so the result is the same from my perspective which is: not working. Let me also say this install won't run if you try to run it from the default download folder (in my case subfolder of Mozilla Firefox) as it then informed me there's no myrelease.txt file there. After copying to the subfolder "LiveUpdateTemp" of XMM installation path it worked but with non satisfactory result (described above). Then let's get back to your assumptions. NO, I do not have poor internet connection: I have 16MB/1MB and it's working fine as I also tried that when I had this problems. And NO, I'm not behind the proxy server. You're right, I'm still able to download the data of the movies - it's working fine. By the way I'm also developer and I know there's no way to get rid of all errors or issues but at the same time if this version is still not stable why the old one was removed from XMM at the first place?? These are not minor errors: this is rather major problem if it does not update the scripts while it's main functionality is to do that. And finally let me tell one more thing. This is the commercial release of the application, right?? So you cannot expect the end user will play with different install programs, folders, files, settings etc. He should get one install program with all things working. Now you propose to install different versions, to copy files, to report to Symantec etx. Fine for someone who knows what he's doing and who have time and patience to do that but that's not the way it should work, don;t you think?? Kindly request to check it once again as there's something wrong here. I can deliver you any details if it can help to solve the problem which I'm really looking forward to.
Go to Top of Page

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2012 :  08:21:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
I have updated Script Updater to the latest version from above link and it didn't work. When i'm checking for update i have receive this message:
"" '2.05.2012 06:30:00' ist keine gultige Datums und - Uhrzeitangabe"

After that i have installed full release 7.2.2.7 and this message still exist. It's impossible to update program release neither scripts!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2012 :  08:51:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please download the full release of 7.2.2.8

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07