Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 Actors with same name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2012 :  21:05:25  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I imported some infromation from IMDB today and noticed that Actors with the same name are imported as one. When I imported the first movie the Actor was created with his WebID. The second Movie has an Actor with the same Name but the Script doesnt seem to check the WebID so it Links the existing actor to the Movie. Can this be fixed somehow?

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2012 :  21:28:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do have the config Switch under [SETTINGS] in your config.ini?

UseActorWebID=True
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2012 :  23:44:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you that solved the Problem. Is it normal that it is on false after I freshly installed the Program?

Edit: sry I just double ckecked it and now when the option is set to true the actor doesnt get shown in the wrong Movie Card anymore but the IMDB script is still not creating an entry for the second actor with the same name. I tried it in a new database with just the 2 Movies newly imported. The Script creates the first actor with that name and when I import the second Movie the actor is listed in the Cast but he gets no own profile.

Edited by - Valkyrslayer on 11 Jun 2012 00:34:48
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2012 :  02:41:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's set to false by default.

But yes it looks like there is a bug in XMM itself.

The #CHECKACTOREXIST# return a wrong result in case the actor exists but has a different Web_ID.
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2012 :  12:18:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok I guess I should post this as a Bug Report then?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2012 :  14:51:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry guys for delay, I will take a look.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2012 :  15:00:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have found it...

The function #CHECKACTOREXIST# only check for the name... as you can see you cannot check also the webid with this.... this is shy you have this problem...

I will try to find a workaround.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrslayer

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2012 :  03:36:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank You for looking into it. Do you think I will need to create my Database from scratch after it is fixed or will I be able to rescan the Movies and the Programm will find the wrong actors?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07