New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2012 :  14:14:26  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When will this be released?
What will be some of the major changes?

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  05:58:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Odin...

I hope in few weeks, we are working really hard to release it soon...

Major changes? We have rewrite it from scratch, its completely new, different engine concepts, graphics etc...

You can have a look in Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

Ale

Go to Top of Page

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  13:31:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you need Beta Testers I'll be glad to help. I have around 5000 movies on HardDisk so it would be a extreme test.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  13:41:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much!!

When I will have a stable release I will send it to you...

Do you have also TV Shows/ Episodes? How many? Actors?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  13:55:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well I have 270 Tv shows on Hd. As for actors in actual Xmm database there are 58266. Is that enough for a good test?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  15:16:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Indeed it is

Go to Top of Page

vinlas

Italy
102 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  15:41:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ciao Alessio,
se hai bisogno un supporto per la traduzione in italiano, fammi sapere....
Bye

Edited by - vinlas on 22 Aug 2012 15:42:43
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  19:01:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Grazie Vinlas!

Molto volentieri, mi fai un gran favore.

non ho ancora preparato il file in inglese, appena fatto te lo giro.

Ciao!

Go to Top of Page

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  20:29:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you need help with Portuguese translation can help you too.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  21:42:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That would be great... I will keep you informed, Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

techdls
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  00:57:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One thing I would really like is the ability to create new custom fields (And be able to choose Date, text, or binary checkbox), currently I use fields I don't care about and put information I do in them but it would be nice to not have to worry about accidently overwriting them. I love the use of an access database so I can easily write query's and export it to an excel file.

Fields I use that aren't already in the database:
First Seen
Last Seen
# of Times seen
# of IMDB Votes
Theater Release Date
DVD Release Date
Blu-Ray Release Date
Metascore (Metacritic score)
# of Metacritic votes
Rottentomatoes %
Rottentomatoes average score
# of Rottentomatoes votes
Rottentomatoes critics consensus
and more.

I have a custom script that scrapes Rottentomatoes and then I import it into XMM by doing vlookups in excel and then copying and pasting the correct fields into access (it took quite a bit of work).

For anyone interested I've made the script free to use and modify: http://blog.trentflix.com/archives/576
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  05:57:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have change the database structure, I have convert the old Custom field from 1 to 11 on these new field (these are the new instructions for scripts):

#TAKEIMDBTOP250#
#TAKERELEASEDATES#
#TAKEEDITOR#
#TAKEREPOSITORY#
#TAKEBUDGET#
#TAKEREVENUE#
#TAKEAWARDSNUMBER#
#TAKEIMDBLINK#
#TAKEAKASTITLES#
#TAKEGOOFS#
#TAKETRIVIA#
#TAKEMOVIECONNECTION#
#TAKESOUNDTRACK#

And now there are only 6 custom field available... can this be a problem?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Clean
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  09:55:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
6 custom fields ought to be enough for anyone... Sorry, couldn't resist saying it<G>.

But seriously, if the 6 fields are memo form then they should be plenty. And if #TAKEACTORWEBID# works with #ADDACTOR# that would be awesome.
Go to Top of Page

techdls
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  13:05:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Personally, I have 22 custom fields, so I guess it's enough for everyone but me ;)

I don't expect the entire program to cater to my will though, I've found a work-around and I will happily continue to make it work. I think that making the old custom fields into their own and adding 6 real user-defined fields is an improvement. In the far future though it may be worth figuring out how to let each user create any number of custom fields. My first comment really should have gone in the suggestions section, I apologize for that but I am very excited to see XMM continue its development and Alessio, you do a great job in making us end-users feel a part of this community and that our input counts. Thank you for your continued efforts.
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  13:30:28  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio!

Nice to see that xMM 8 development has begun.
Two comments om the custom fields:
- In your listing I'm missing a data field for plot keywords (IMDB). It would be fine to be able to grab this data from IMDB and filter the movies in xMM according to the keywords
- As I don't use all custom fields for IMDB stuff a possibility to move data from one field to another would be also nice.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  14:35:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you guys!

I am really excited about XMM 8 too, I would like to give it to you really soon but there are things that must be tested deeply.

I hope that you will really like it

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Clean
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  03:31:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by techdls

Personally, I have 22 custom fields, so I guess it's enough for everyone but me ;)

Wow, 22, that is sorta impressive. You are pretty much using most of the fields for information other than what is intended. Can not be easy having to remember them all.

Unless and until Alessio adds that many fields, one work around I can see is doing up a personal movie card that displays the info with your own field names.
Go to Top of Page

Clean
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  03:32:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by techdls

Wow, 22, that is sorta impressive. You are pretty much using most of the fields for information other than what is intended. Can not be easy having to remember them all.

Unless and until Alessio adds that many fields, one work around I can see is doing up a personal movie card that displays the info with your own field names.
Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  17:29:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really looking forward to version 8. XMM is written in visual basic correct?
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  17:45:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
VB .net as far as I know.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2012 :  06:52:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, VB .NET...

I hope you will like it.

There are some things to do, but I thin in 2/3 weeks we will be ready

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07