Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Nordic Director's gets misspelled
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  21:03:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Something that is a problem in XMM7 is still a problem in XMM8.
All director's names gets misspelled all the time when they use character's other than the typical english/italian/french and some more languages.
For exmple the swedish alphabet has 3 more letters after the usual end of 'Z'. We also have Å, Ä and Ö.
So famous directors like Lasse Hallström and Mikael Håfström gets misspelled, so they are in XMM called Lasse Hallstrom and Mikael Hafstrom.
Can you please fix this rather serious glitch before release, thanks. :)

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2012 :  22:51:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have take a look, its only a matter of script. The #STARTSUBSTITUTETAGS# block must be changed.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2012 :  04:08:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just updated to xmm8 beta, and this is still occurring with tons of directors getting misspelled names. :(
Go to Top of Page

Fendetestas
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2012 :  10:29:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Open the script you're using (e.g. imdb, ...; it's a .txt file) and add these lines:

#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=í=í
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=é=é
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=ó=ó
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=´='
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=ñ=ñ
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=á=á
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=ú=ú

This is an example for Spanish characters; just find what characters are changed in your language and replace them.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  02:30:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, can't sit down and learn what to write in a txt-file, and then do it every single time that file gets updated. :(
I really hope it gets into the final product that directors get their names correctly spelled, it's not happening to actors, musicians or writers.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  06:01:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

What script are you using? I will do it for you.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

dupineic
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  06:29:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
idem for french letters with allocine's script.
i will add the lines and others in.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  22:07:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've been using the imdb script (fastest) for movie import.
Go to Top of Page

Dalibor Šerfel
Starting Member

Slovakia
18 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  22:26:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
IMDB (complete) the same fault. And i don't know why, but original title isn't imported. I have checked this in the script.
Go to Top of Page

dupineic
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  23:59:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
that is i have to add in the allocine's script

#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=ÃÂ=à
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à©=é
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=ó=ó
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=´='
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=ñ=ñ
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=á=á
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=’='
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¨=è
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à´=ô
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=àª=ê
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=…= !
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à®=î
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à§=ç
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¢=â
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¹=ù
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=â€"=–

and i'm sure there is more to do.
Go to Top of Page

Dalibor Šerfel
Starting Member

Slovakia
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  17:51:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This problem is only in Director section. Actors, Producers, Writers... are updated all right, so this bug is not for entire IMDB script. For example, instead of Lasse Hallström is Lasse Hallstrom, instead of Pedro Almodóvar is Pedro Almodovar, instead of François Truffaut is Francois Truffaut, directors are always updated without special signs or letters. But if Lasse Hallström is writer of the movie, he is updated properly, as Lasse Hallström.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  19:52:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Indeed, and it's a mystery to me, considering the director is the more or less most important person during the making of a movie. ;)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  20:34:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just forgotten to use #SUBSTITUTETAG# on directors?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  00:08:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Been a while and still no fix for the directors being misspelled, am using the imdb (fastest) script, and also tried the (complete) version but they still have no love.
Lasse Hallström becomes Hallstrom, Lasse Åberg becomes Aberg. It causes problems especially where people like Lasse Åberg is also an actor and writer, and he gets multiple people edit windows.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  00:38:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
P.S. I tried: THEMOVIEDB.ORG(API) and that script gets the directors names correctly, but since it don't do all the other stuff that the imdb scripts import i really don't want to use it just for the sake of the directors names.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  18:14:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I really hope this gets fixed soon.
Even if i myself put in the right name of the director i get the other one wrongly spelled anyhow when i update from the web.
And still imdb fastest only import 2 directors, even though there can be more than that for a film.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  19:11:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think that I have found the error.
In lines 3675 and 3707 the imported characters "& Ouml;" and "& ouml;" are replaced by "O" and "o" instead of "Ö" and "ö".
I think that the whole conversion table is due to the new read-routine of the site a little bit wrong.
I would suggest to remove the #SUBTITUTETAG# command in the directors block of the script and build the whole table anew.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 21 Nov 2012 19:14:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07