Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Actors Thumbs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  22:02:30  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When adding a new film with IMDB or Amazon scripts, it's adding a thumb picture to the THUMBS folder
The trouble is that if I change the actors picture then it's not changing in the Moviecard until I delete the thumb
Until now, actors picture have never been stored in the THUMB directory, only covers and fanart

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  22:19:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just disable those crappy thumbs in the options. Beside your problem they are ugly, too, with that black border. And there are also other things that make problems with those thumbs like the actor preview and the popups. They will show the thumbs instead of the correct actors pictures.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 17 Nov 2012 22:21:51
Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  00:00:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks that seems to do the trick, imported about 10 films today and none added any actors thumbs in the THUMBS folder. I have noticed another little bug while importing films with the IMDB full script
My collection has about 14000 people in the database, I have added IMDB WEB ID to all the actors and most of the directors, producers, writers etc. I find this has helped sort any problems with different actors of the same name showing correctly. I have noticed that after I have imported info using the IMDB (full) script, some but not all of the IMDB WEBID's have been removed from existing actors. I have to manually add the webID's back onto the actors entry. It seems to happen in a random way. Some times it removes none and other time 5 or 6 ID's and always with people already in the database, never with new entrys.
I have an idea that the problem is with the script
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  08:38:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Seems as if some actions randomly cause loss of data. I would suggest to import these actors again just to check if it's a problem of the script or XMM itself.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  21:09:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is now solved as follows....I was using a chain with Amazon UK then IMDB complete
I was importing first with Amazon.co.uk script and I had not removed the tick in "starring" field so the script was importing some actors (around 5). It was removing the WEBID from my database of existing actors.
The next import was with IMDB complete and this imported the number of actors of my choice. I think it arranges them in the order that is shown on IMDB site, which included the very actors that the previous script had removed the WEBID from. So the disappearing WEBID's seems random. I'm sold even if no one else is....It works OK now
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  21:28:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Under XMM7 I have done so, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07