Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  14:51:16  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello Guys,

Another release for you...

->Removed the Obsolete 3D and Color Checkbox
->Removed the Default Script for Device Scanner (Now uses the Default Script)
->Added the function to Rebuild Thumbnails
->Now if the Thumbnail doesn't exist will be created again (HTML Export)
->Added a new columns for actors/directors in the movie Grid, so you can search also for them now.
->Added Random button on Ribbon
->Custom Fields can now be Renamed.
->Added a function to replace a word in Files Path (File Manager)
->Friend Table is now Editable like the other lists
->Fixed a bug in "Skip if no directlinks found" function
->Added a Welcome Page in HTML (Must be improved)

http://www.binaryworks.it/files/extrememm8.0.0.17.exe

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  16:00:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

->Added a new columns for actors/directors in the movie Grid, so you can search also for them now.

This is something that is really killing! I only wanna see MovieID, Title and Year in the grid. Instead of all those fields you should perform a configurable search like we had in XMM7.
And where is the Filter in this new release? Putting everything into the context menu - should it be user friendly?

quote:

I think it's not the right place for right between Play and Search...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  16:55:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The search is configurable... I mean that if you want make a search to a particular field you have just to add the column and perform the search, just this. Search in the grid is useful I think, because highlight also the word you search.

I have add the Random button like suggested by Mawu, maybe I can change the location...

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  17:03:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, Ale, the search is NOT configurable!
I don't wanna search in the grid but in the movies. In XMM7 I could select in which field I wanted to search - without having to show the column.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  17:30:20  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The weather is too good to test software today. Therefore just few words: I think JDommi is compleletly right. I will not change the grid for every search. And filters only in the context menue is only a hidden feature. BTW: How to delete the search parameters?

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  17:36:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Search parameters can be emptied by searching for an empty search field

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  17:47:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK Guys, I will try to make filters better than XMM 7...

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  17:53:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 03 Oct 2012 17:53:32
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  19:23:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can I move my database and all of its associated files from the Program Data folder to a folder of my choosing in this version? Or will that be available in a later version (final, perhaps?)

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  20:14:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, you can move the database and all its subfolders where you want.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

freeze
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  20:34:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Ale

Hi Alessio,
it would be more than nice, if the program files would be installed ONLY in the installation directory.
I installed XMM on drive E:, but most of the program files (and settings) still got installed on C:.
On XMM7 i could move those files from C: to E: and so my C Drive stayed lean and clean.
But if i do that now, XMM8 forcefully recreates a fresh folder with all its files on C: again...

This isn´t good, since the user looses all config files etc when formatting C.
So i hope, XMM8 will soon be able to be completely installed on another drive (i will stay with v7 until that happens :P).

But so far, great work on XMM8, database conversion didnt show any serious problems (just had to get some movie infos again via auto update).

If possible, i would LOVE to have XMM as a portable version (no install, just pure goodness in a folder for use on USB-Sticks and so on)!

Best regards,
freeze
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  21:03:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Freeze,

You are right... I have put all these files on the program files because of Vista/ Window7 / Windows 8... because for people that doesn't run XMM as administrator cannot run XMM. This is why I have force to use this folder.

I will take a look if I found a workaround.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  21:36:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Ale

I tried this and got all kinds of errors. It would not let me tell the program where the new database was? It shut down the program after a few error messages that were blank?? I put it all back and it works fine now...Did I do it in the wrong order?

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  21:47:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I found a new interesting issue. When I export my library to the iphone/ipad output, some of my movies don't come with the front cover. There is no rhyme or reason that I can see why it would bring out about 99% of the covers and leave some behind. It worked fine in XMM7. Is there something that I can check out to confirm why this is happening?

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

freeze
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  01:11:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Hello Freeze,

You are right... I have put all these files on the program files because of Vista/ Window7 / Windows 8... because for people that doesn't run XMM as administrator cannot run XMM. This is why I have force to use this folder.

I will take a look if I found a workaround.

Thank you!

Hm, how about an optional portable (binary) Version, so people can choose what they like? ^^
Should be only a matter of a different config file (for the path) between installer and portable version.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  05:37:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff363

quote:

Ale

I tried this and got all kinds of errors. It would not let me tell the program where the new database was? It shut down the program after a few error messages that were blank?? I put it all back and it works fine now...Did I do it in the wrong order?

Jeff

You have to first close XMM, then move your database to the other location.

Now when you restart XMM it will show the error that Database doens't exist anymore. Just ignore and click on.

Now go to File -> Open database and select the database from the new folder.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  16:08:29  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio

quote:
->Removed the Obsolete 3D and Color Checkbox

Don't forget to remove 3D in treeview

quote:

Search like in xMM7 is more useful (see other post). Filters should be placed directly next to the search field. Filters in the treeview is great. BTW: Please let items in treeview be selectable.

quote:

Good. Maybe separator is placed better between "Play" and "Random" as it's more associated to the search/filter stuff

quote:
->Custom Fields can now be Renamed.

But renaming for episodes is missing

My suggestions for Beta 16 are still valid.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  17:53:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will try...

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  19:49:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ale

Jeff

You have to first close XMM, then move your database to the other location.

Now when you restart XMM it will show the error that Database doens't exist anymore. Just ignore and click on.

Now go to File -> Open database and select the database from the new folder.

Ale

I tried that but it crashed. When I moved the files and re-entered the software, it came up with a few dialog boxes, of which the last two were blank?? Once i got past the dialog boxes, the software crashed out and I was not able to change the folder locations.

Any ideas?

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  19:58:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

I found a new interesting issue. When I export my library to the iphone/ipad output, some of my movies don't come with the front cover. There is no rhyme or reason that I can see why it would bring out about 99% of the covers and leave some behind. It worked fine in XMM7. Is there something that I can check out to confirm why this is happening?

Jeff

I think i found the common denominator.....any movie cover that have a "&" in the file name does not get picked up in the zip file.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  09:25:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for this info, I will fix it.

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.71 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07