Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 XBMC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pace666
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  16:01:13  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
A question before updating XMM7 to XMM8. Does XBMC exporter plugin will work with XMM8?

Thank you

Pace

Edited by - pace666 on 06 Oct 2012 16:02:31

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  18:16:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Pace,

I haven't try it yet... can you test it for me? Remember that you can install the Release 8 and 7 in the same PC without problems. And you can use both at the same time.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

pace666
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  18:35:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sure I will test it!
Go to Top of Page

pace666
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2012 :  22:27:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried the plugin with v8 database and I got an error after selecting database: Microsoft Jet Cannot find "Actors" table
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  15:06:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will try to contact the guy that has made the plugin...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

pace666
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2012 :  21:25:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK Thank you! But I found today that there is an internal NFO Export tool with XBMC template, and doing a similar job, Great! Focusing on that tool will be probably better than a external plugin wright?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  11:12:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, this was my goal

Ale

Go to Top of Page

pace666
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  04:02:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Internal nfo export for XBMC is perfect for me but template for TV shows is missing, if you or someone created one let me know, if not I'd like to...

Ciao
Pace
Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  23:47:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The internal export for XBMC is great but the template doesn't copy the cover picture to the folder like it does to the fanart plus it doesn't list the actors. It's a little bit too basic at the moment, XBMC is capable of showing more than this NFO is permitting.
What I do think is very good it that the export only applies to the movies showing in the grid which means I can filter out all the movies in my collection that have no direct file link to XBMC, then write the NFO's for those movies only.
It's always getting better. Any better templates out there then please let me know as well
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:40:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to improve the Export with covers and actors too.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2012 :  17:46:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

I was a user of Radioactive's XBMC Plugin and now switched to EMM8 - meaning the Expüorter doesn't work anymore;-(

As you already have started to implement a XBMC- NFO Export, I'd like to help getting this working. Here are my findings:

Some of Radioactive's fields are missing. Do you have a list of all Database-fields (including short description or Editor-field mapping), which could be exported?

The cover-files have been exported to the movie-folder as "moviename"+".tbn" (this could be configured)
movie length is listed just as 97, not "97 min"
Actor-pictures are not exported (in RAdioactives export, a actors subdirectory was created and the pictures have been stored as actor.tbn in this subfolder.

<id>tt_IMDB_IDONLY_</id> doesn't work
<watched>NOTSEEN</watched> doesn't work

Fanart ist stored in the NFO-file with the path of the EMM-Database, not the movie-path
<fanart>
<thumb>F:\EMM\Programm\EMM v8\configuration\\white.gif</thumb>
</fanart>

It would be great, if you could work on this XBMC export quite soon, as I believe there are many in the community who would appreciate it.

Have you been in touch with Radioactive to help out here?

Thanks a lot in advance

myhtpc
Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  08:45:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
any update here?
Go to Top of Page

berrywipe
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  12:31:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
+1 about XBMC support
some documentation for editing .nfo templates would be a nice start.

My target would be a .nfo file with some metadata from XMM and at the end an URL with themoviedb url, which will be used by XBMC scraper to download fanart, cover and other missing info from themoviedb (metadata in the .nfo file will not be overwritten by XBMC scrapers).

An option to name fanart and cover as the movie file would be nice as well (for those like me who have all files in the same folder).

Thanks for any help Alessio :)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  14:27:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry for delay guys!

I will start to work on this these days, I will try to improve it in a manner that will work as best as possible for XBMC

Ale

Go to Top of Page

berrywipe
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  16:16:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
<movie>
        <title>_MOVIE_TITLE_</title>
        <originaltitle>_MOVIE_ORIGINALTITLE_</originaltitle>
        <rating>_MOVIE_RATED_</rating>
        <year>_MOVIE_YEAR_</year>
        <set>_MOVIE_BOXSET_</set>
        <votes></votes>

<outline></outline>

<plot>_MOVIE_PLOT_</plot>
        <tagline>_MOVIE_TAGLINE_</tagline>
        <runtime>_MOVIE_LENGTH_ min</runtime>     

<mpaa>_MOVIE_MPAA_</mpaa>

<playcount>0</playcount>

<watched>_MOVIE_SEEN_</watched>

<id>tt_IMDB_IDONLY_</id>

<genre>_MOVIE_GENRE_</genre>

<credits></credits>

<director>_MOVIE_DIRECTOR_</director>

</movie>

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/_MOVIE_SITEID_

This is the tamplate I'm actually using for XBMC.
This way XBMC will use explicitly defined tags and download the remaining data (i.e. trailer link, fanart, posters and others) from themoviedb.
The final row:
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/_MOVIE_SITEID_

Generates themoviedb links, by using the field "internet ID". So if you are using a chain of scripts you have to be sure to put themoviedb script as the last one, otherwise internet_ID will be taken from the other sites.
It would be good if there was some way to chose your preferred source for Internet_IDs... is there?
Go to Top of Page

berrywipe
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  17:26:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Also, XBMC uses the tag "playcount" to determine weather the movie has been seen or not.
So it would be usefull some placeholder (e.g. _MOVIE_SEEN_BINARY_) which returns the boolean value (as 1 or 0) of _MOVIE_SEEN_

then you'd just put:
<playcount>_MOVIE_SEEN_BINARY_</playcount>
in the template
and remove:
<watched>_MOVIE_SEEN_</watched>

Hope I'm not bringing too many troubles!
Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2012 :  06:30:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

any news here?
Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  05:40:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,

are you still looking on this topic?
Go to Top of Page

dude69
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  13:35:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
bump
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  14:46:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry guys,

I was terribly busy these weeks.

I am back again, I will read the topic and try to make the changes.

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07