Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Auto Update issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

puru
Starting Member

India
13 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  07:15:07  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have turned off Auto-update in Options.

When I try to update 2-3 movies (by selecting and then forcing an update), the queue starts updating other movies as well.

Is this expected?

Usually, when I add movies regularly, I dont want to reupdate the old ones.

Is this a bug?

My Specs:
XMM 8.0.1.19
Win 7 64-bit

Edited by - puru on 30 Oct 2012 07:18:10

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2013 :  15:45:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I wondered about this too.

As it turns out the reupdate of old ones will automatically start when the 'web imported' attribute is not set, either because the movie has never been imported before or because the attribute was deactivated by user interaction (you). The auto update is triggered even if you set the MagicScipt option for 'Update Movies/People automatically in the background' to OFF. This does seem like a bug to me, but there is a work around : manually set the 'web imported' attribute for all movies and then start doing your desired updates based on selections. During the update the first cycle will deactivate the 'web imported' attribute again but only for the movies you selected for update. The background process does the rest.

Edited by - Sciolto on 07 Apr 2013 15:47:05
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2013 :  19:04:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

You are right, this can be similar to a bug, I will try to fix it.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07