Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Enhancement: Grid Behaviour after Item Delete
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  19:11:10  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Actually, when you delete a selected item (movie) the grid focus jumps to the item with the next MovieID. And this could be "anywhere"...

I would prefer if the focus would change to the next item I've actually sorted the grid view by. For instance

- Grid sorted by "Title" (which is a rather common criteria BTW)
- Selected Item has Title = "Somemovietitle", MovieID = 3780
- next Item in current Grid view has Title = "Someothermovietitle", MovieID = 211 
- for completeness: MovieID 3781 belongs to Title =  "Atotallydifferentmovietitle"

- if I delete the selected Item (MovieID = 3780) while having the grid sorted by Title, the next sort item (in this case with MovieID = 211) shall get the focus after deletion
- currently, focus jumps to MovieID = 3781, which would be far away from where I was.

(- And, if there is no next item (if I delete the last item in the current grid view), it would be the previous item which should get the focus.)

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  12:05:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I agree with this. For me either the next or the previous to get focus would work :)
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  14:22:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just tried deleting movies and tv-shows with all the database sorted by id and by title and after deleting the focus stayed in the same place as it was before, the next film took the focus because it moved to the place of the deleted movie.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  15:55:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just deleted a movie title. And for me the focus goes to the next Movie ID. I have my movies sorted by title. So for me it would be better if it went to the next title instead of the next Movie ID. The focus should depend on how your movies are sorted.
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  17:00:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I sorted movies by Title. had deleted a movie which started with 30 (id number 285) and after that there's a movie that starts with 300 (id number 398). i deleted "30..." and the movie "300..." shifted to the position of "300....", and took the focus.
also tried sorting by director and studio and got the same result. I have 8.0.2.1 release.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  18:35:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kirill2785

I sorted movies by Title. had deleted a movie which started with 30 (id number 285) and after that there's a movie that starts with 300 (id number 398). i deleted "30..." and the movie "300..." shifted to the position of "300....", and took the focus.
also tried sorting by director and studio and got the same result. I have 8.0.2.1 release.

Can't confirm this either. Did a few more tests on it and the result was always a focus "somewhere" in the grid but not the next or previous movie of the current sort criteria.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  23:55:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will try to take a look guys... because the "jump" is managed by grid directly, so I don't know if I can do something for this.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07