New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mondeo
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2013 :  02:50:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tdemis

IMDB Top 250 rating not working

I have problems with this and also, when I want to import it finds and download the spanish titles (if they exist), I tried to configure it with only "original titles" but it keeps not working.
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2013 :  21:48:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Fix for:
- IMDB TOP 250
- AKAs titles
- Release dates
- MPAA
- Comments (best 10)
- Official web link

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/06QKL5JMMN

The title bug is a "bug" by design. IMDB changed their website to use the localization from your IP-Adress (I guess). That's why you always get localized titles if available. :(

Edited by - rocman on 04 Mar 2013 21:51:13
Go to Top of Page

tdemis
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  15:16:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
U can use a US based free proxy to connect magic script through and get the original (english) titles from IMDB
Go to Top of Page

tdemis
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  15:32:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rocman

Fix for:
- IMDB TOP 250
- AKAs titles
- Release dates
- MPAA
- Comments (best 10)
- Official web link

Goofs and trivia also need a fix !
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  17:32:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sure? I can't verify this.
This is my test from last night with Matrix. It is full of Trivia and Goofs:
Go to Top of Page

tdemis
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  15:59:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
this i mine Some minutes ago for the Matrix!

I have all options on for IMDB script (complete) and deep scanning in weppage
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  20:26:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmm... you're right.
Today I tried again with some other movies (Reeker, Priest, Contagion) and there are no Goofs or Trivia etc. :(

I can't find the failure:
- I checked the IMDB Website and HTML-Code twice, there are no changes!
- The really weird thing is that the Magicscript Engine is downloading the needed information but it don't take or show it in the database fields (yes #TAKE...# is set in the script).

Here a screenshot of proof (movie = Priest):
--- information download to var 52 ---

--- not shown under details 2 ---

@Alessio can you help? XMM version is 8.0.5.0.

Edited by - rocman on 06 Mar 2013 20:29:09
Go to Top of Page

hauru
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  21:41:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
recently IMDB has started to publish film titles on the language of the current location.
It makes now a lot of troubles. The script IMDB (Complete) does not take the original title,
but the translated one. Please help.

For example, my system language is EN, all titles are on EN, all original titles
are on the original languages as they are (EN, DE, FR, etc.).
For the following movie - "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109798/".
The script is taking as original title "D'Artagnans Tochter", but not real
original title "La fille de d'Artagnan".

<h1 class="header"> <span class="itemprop" itemprop="name">D'Artagnans Tochter</span>
<span class="nobr">(<a href="/year/1994/?ref_=tt_ov_inf" >1994</a>)</span>
<br/><span class="title-extra" itemprop="name">La fille de d'Artagnan
<i>(original title)</i>
</span>
</h1>

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  10:19:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To the scripters of you:
Not tested!
Insert this code at the end of the movie title section right before last #RESTOREMAIN#

#STARTREADWEB#
#FINDLINE#=<span class="title-extra" itemprop="name">#15#
#FIND#=>#11#
#FIND#=<#12#
#PUTCURSOR#=#12#
#TAKEWORD#=#13#,#11#,#12#
#ORIGINALTITLE#=#13#

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  12:02:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe this works, but I think it would'nt... Why?
I've found out that the downloaded IMDB-website from XMM has different html-code than the code your browser would show.

In my case it helps to set the option [Put AKA to Title (Select your country!)] to my language. After that I have german titles (if available) and the correct original title.
Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  18:55:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This script needs a lot of fixes... I hope it will be solved soon.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  20:16:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hergal79

This script needs a lot of fixes...

... which would be:

Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  18:54:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The info in details 2 tab. Actually, the scripts dont get me: Synapsis, comments, connections, etc.
What others mentioned about titles/original titles.
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  09:45:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As I posted before, the script is doing what it should be.
This means the script collects and takes the informations but they are not shown in Details 2 tab.

I wait for a response from Alessio.
Maybe there is a character limit in this fields or some Magicscript keywords are not working?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  10:25:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe it's stored in the old Custom fields?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  11:28:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
This means the script collects and takes the informations but they are not shown in Details 2 tab.

Neither in the html card.

Edited by - hergal79 on 18 Mar 2013 11:32:36
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2013 :  19:26:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

I wait for a response from Alessio.
Maybe there is a character limit in this fields or some Magicscript keywords are not working?

Alessio, could you check this already?

Go to Top of Page

wernhard
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2013 :  10:38:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, still not working.
still not taking any custom fiels like trivia.
Whats the problem with it? The one day it works, the next not.
why Does this change every two days? is it because of imdb?

Edited by - wernhard on 11 Apr 2013 12:33:30
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  17:30:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did some extentive testing with this script. First I'll say I'm not sure if the site is changing or if the is the wrong script. I noticed it said put trivia and goofs in a custom field which we aren't using anymore.

I also noticed the following:

1. Last Used Links are not always stored.
2. Title year is not always updated.
3. Actors are not always downloaded. (all when using 999)
4. Posters are not always downloaded.
5. Trivia is not stored.
6. Goofs are not stored.
7. Connections are not stored.
8. Not using any auto select options wrong movies were automatically taken.
9. MagicScript selection screen sometimes flashes when trying to display then rebuilds itself to display again.
10. Showing no last used link in the table, if you select those to update it gives you the option to automaticall reupdate but makes you reselect the movie again.
11. Does not find a given movie but if you go to IMDB and search it's there and if you copy the tt number and use it, it will update.
12. Over a 100 times there was an exact match to the movie title and date but not taken and needed to be selected.

Clean database with 1,500 movies added was used for the test and the newest version and scripts.

Edited by - KCWhiteKnight on 14 Apr 2013 17:38:50
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2013 :  02:55:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
and I haven't been getting covers with this script either....Time for an "expert" to give it a tweak again? :-)
BTW, the same scripts work in 7 as well as 8, correct?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07