Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2013 :  08:39:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, that's different scripts and they are not compatible.
Differences are the new fields in XMM8 and the ability to read compressed websites (maybe you can use #USEOLDENGINE#=TRUE to have the "old" reading behaviour).

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2013 :  11:30:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks!
using 7 until I can get 8 to perform properly for me..might have to make the switch again to see if my memory issues resolve in the later versions
Go to Top of Page

wernhard
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2013 :  17:55:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, why is here no support for days or maybe weeks?
One person alone is responsible for a paid program? Why is there no partner or such thing who knows this program and how to solve problems as well?
I still use version 7 because there are still unsolved bugs.. like this one here
Go to Top of Page

matteo_k
Starting Member

Poland
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2013 :  10:41:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi
I have small problem with the IMDB(complete) script. When it downloads the author, title etc. (basically al the data it gathers) it substitutes non-english fonts with funny characters. For example, instead of Alejandro González I#241;árritu i obtain Alejandro GonzÄ#8218;Ë#8225;lez IÄ#8218;#177;Ä#8218;Ë#8225;rritu and instead of "21 gramów" the polish title is "21 gramÄ#8218;Å#8218;w". Any way to fix this problem?
Go to Top of Page

wernhard
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  10:29:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is this a joke or something..?
Still not a single response in here?
Please make this program for free, because thats no support for a paid program!
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  17:32:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@wernhard: Your complaints are really annoying!

The downside of screenparsing is that a small layout or string formatting change can ruin your whole script.
Advisably the website owners want that someone is visiting their website (advertising) and not that there are only "bots" which parses their informations... Therefore and for design reasons they are constantly changing their website (remember dynamic content)!
Unfortunately only a few sites (like TMDb) offer an API for an automated and well defined data download.

I updated the XMM8 version of the IMDB(Complete) script. It should work now for most informations on "Details 2" tab.
This version don't fixes the "funny character" problem because I don't want to download tons of movies in hundreds of languages. Everyone can simply fix this by adding some #SUBSTITUTEWORD#-lines to the end of the script.

You can download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmm-scripts/files/IMDB/IMDB.COM%20%28Complete%29.txt/download
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  18:00:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Rocman rocks!

Thank you for all your efforts.

Go to Top of Page

crash
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  19:49:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Rocman !
But it still doesn't work. Don't fill details two fields.
Go to Top of Page

wernhard
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  07:27:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@rocman: Thats not my problem.
I paid for this, and here is no support for weeks! Not even a response that there will someone take a look at this problem.
And no.. its not my problem that the maker of this program is busy. You remember? Paid program...would you stay at an organisation where the support doesnt response for weeks?
And yes.. still not working. And still no response from someone who supports this program.... :D
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  10:17:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have heard from Ale... He was for weeks in the USA by job without having time to even read the forum.
I agree that it would have been better to make a short anouncement about, but every user that is longer than a year in the forum knows that Ale is the only "one man band" that reacts on nearly every topic. So it has to have a reason without hearing from him.

@wernhard:
Yes it's a paid program and I know that you are angry about no reactions but keep be patient. It will be worth waiting a little more time.

@rocman:
Many thanks for all the script fixing and answering in the forum!

A hint on my own:
I was a little busy, too, the last weeks. Therefor I only have removed all those spams on the forum and have responsed to topics that I was able to give a more or less qualified answer. But as I'm NOT involved in XMM's programming itself I can't answer to every tpoic!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  12:43:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@wernhard
this is a community supported program not a "paid" piece of software that has a paid team supporting it, You are messaging the "team" here as the people on this forum are the ones that support it. Its a different way of doing things and in my opinion better for an evolving product.
The amount you "paid" for this piece of software is equivalent to a couple of cups of coffee so suck it up and contribute to the community instead of complaining!
@rocman, thanks for the update, I will try it on my version 7 and 8 and see if it gets the covers :-)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  16:18:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys and sorry for my long silence but as JDommi wrote I was really busy.

I am back at 100% now, so expect updates soon

@wernhard: I am really sorry for this... just ask a refund if you want, I will send immediately.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

wernhard
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2013 :  06:10:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio, dont be silly^^ its ok. i overreacted
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2013 :  07:10:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for understanding wernhard,

I will try to be more productive in future. Fortunately there are great people here that helps me a lot, I will really thank you all!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

crash
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2013 :  10:22:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any news for this? The scripts dont work with de talis two
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  21:12:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Alessio:
Something is weird in this case. Can you test this?
Maybe there is too much data imported or there are wrong datatype conversions?

I tested my updated script on 21. April and it works like a charm with "I am Legend".
Today I tried again because of crash's information. Most of the informations on "Details 2-Tab" will not be imported anymore.

Import from 2013-04-21

Import from 2013-04-29

After one hour of searching I can't find any website changes??
What is wrong? I can't figure it out. Unfortunately there are no Log-Files for MagicScriptEngine.
What I can see is that MagicScriptEngine downloads the correct website and gathers the data in the programmed variables (you can see them in "ScriptEngine Status" window on tab "Variables" if checked "Show Advanced Information"). After that they are not "transfered" to the database fields. It seems that #TAKEGOOFS# etc. are sometimes not working.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2013 :  12:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have try just now and works correctly.

I have put in the server the same script, but I have change the date to today, so everybody can be sure to use the latest one.

Let me know!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2013 :  17:16:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not working for me.

Fresh new install and most current script.

Edited by - KCWhiteKnight on 30 Apr 2013 18:17:45
Go to Top of Page

crash
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  09:31:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
NOt working for me too. Details two ...
Go to Top of Page

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  13:41:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not working for me. Import only Release Date and Budget.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.2 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07