New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  10:46:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello

I completely imported my XMM7 database without actors and pictures.
Updated whole database using re-update automatically feature, everything was looking fine except actor pictures.
They are not available at movie cards nor actor cards at people section.
When i check database folders in \databases\DBNAME_photos folder i can see all the pictures are downloaded and available but somehow they are not linked to actors
It is really bugging me since i deleted everything and restarted updating one by one to see what differs with different settings but no change.
Thanks

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  11:21:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a test: Please go to the Options->Details Panel->Show Thumbnail People Photos and toggle it.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  15:31:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tested it already, actually i tried to update this option on and off as well, only 1 thing is working which is opening an actor by double clicking and clicking re-update from the window
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  16:58:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange! For me that all works okay. So I don't know how to test... maybe Ale can check it.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  17:07:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am struggling with this for almost a month, like i said i imported again with updated new version but still not working, only if i re-update one by one by opening every actor manually which is impossible for 150K actors in my case.
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  17:52:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any help please?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  20:59:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello and sorry for delay!

Can you ZIP your DB and send it to me? I will try to understand why doesn't work.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  22:39:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sure what is the email address, and you only need mdb file right?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2012 :  06:56:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, mdb,

alessioviti at binaryworks.it

Ale

Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  15:10:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
2 Months and still no solution nor an update
Thank you guys, Great Job
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  15:08:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am really sorry, I am not able to locate the problem.

I have try to reproduce it but without success.

As you can read normally XMM works correctly with the covers. I don't know whats going on in your PC.

Really sorry for that.

If you create a new Database everything works?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  16:02:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the same problem except mine also included duplicates with different tags for the actors and the same pictures. I've had this happen before and Ali checked the indexes and made sure it was correctly finding existing actors. I had only used two scripts to update my database IMDB Complete and the movie org. I figured perhaps there could be a problem with that. I deleted all the actors in the database and did a backup and compress and started over. This time I didn't use chains just updated using one script at time and it's working fine. I've downloaded about 20,000 actors so far to check this out. This gave me that the scripts were working fine and all information and pictures were downloaded and displayed. I didn't have any duplicates. I wondered if because the scripts had changed a few times in the last couple of weeks for both of these that something might have gotten out of sync in the process. My next test will include using the chains again to see if I can locate a problem with that.

Edited by - KCWhiteKnight on 02 Mar 2013 16:04:16
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2013 :  06:16:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio

If you can find me the setting who causes the renaming Milla-Jovovich_64413.jpg to 32-Milla-Jovovich.jpg while manually adding the picture i think it will be solved cause i checked XMM7 and latest actor naming by IMDB(Complete) script is the same as current XMM8, so somewhere in the system or DB it is required to rename the file. I checked all the scripts and ini files, i am afraid it is in the code.

Best Regards
Ari
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  19:20:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello

I succeeded to import photos bas below:
1. Deleted all the photos to avoid duplicates
2. Chosen all the actors and clicked “Update actors automatically” which only adds imdb links to actors nothing else
3. Opened the database and from “People” I checked “Web Imported” and “Marked” for all actors
4. Chosen all actors and clicked “Re-Update actors automatically” this time
This way photos are downloaded with correct filename
Problem is I have 4567 movies and almost 140000 actors, updating movies and actors caused XMM error resulted closing the program almost per every 200 updates, if i don't catch it in time i have to restart from the beginning, I can’t leave the system until everything finishes, also I read other comments about mass update failures, is it something you can fix at upcoming versions?
As I have that many records, opening XMM8 takes almost 2 minutes minimum every time with my Intel I5 cpu, is it possible to use SQL express instead of mdb file?

Best Regards
Ari
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  12:45:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DrunkBell

As I have that many records, opening XMM8 takes almost 2 minutes minimum every time with my Intel I5 cpu, is it possible to use SQL express instead of mdb file?

You can't use SQL Express as of yet. I don't know what exactly needs to get changed within XMM but there are changes needed - I'm sure because I've already tested it (with linked tables).

Also, while there is a speed gain reading information from MS SQL Express compared to Access when pulling the data directly from the database (I've used HTML cards with ADO / JET commands which were the same for both db variants and MS SQL Express was about 10 times faster) this probably won't improve the overall experience in XMM that much. Optimizations are needed for the way those DevExpress components work with data. And I have a feeling that for large amounts of data (artist data kind of exploded with XMM 8) there are some major changes still waiting for us and especially for Alessio.

Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  20:26:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys

I think that it is a file naming problem since it seems all actor picture names are named as "actorname_downloadtime"(Chris-Rock_212436.jpg) but working naming convention is like "actornumber-actorname"(2-Chris-Rock.jpg). I spent several hours to fix it in the scripts but failed, could you please show or advise how i can rename picture file while saving to hard drive as "actornumber-actorname" in IMDB.COM (Complete).txt script?

Thanks in Advance
Ari
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  21:32:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Come On!!!
It works when i run IMDB(Actors)please just advise me to make it at IMDB(Complete)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  22:14:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please compare the routines in both scripts.
Before the weekend I will not have enough time to check it myself. Beside that I'm not really experienced in scripting.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2014 :  20:10:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It makes both of us. Actually i copied Image part from actors to IMDB complete but did not work.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2014 :  20:25:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe there is a possible bug in XMM that saves the actor pics in a different way when loaded by movie scripts or actor scripts?
Do you know if other movie scripts like tmdb store the actor pics correctly? I never have checked it as I always download the actor info by IMDB for actors.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

DrunkBell

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2014 :  19:18:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually i don't know but this problem is there from the beginning. If i update the actor by opening the window picture comes automatically, or if i add the picture manually system renames the file. You can check the details from earlier posts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07